ten; the party

Chase Stokes sat in a booth, his knee bouncing nervously as he looked around frantically for any sign of Lennie Nelson. It had been half an hour since she had texted, and the closer it got to them getting here, the more he felt like the plan was unnecessary. Lennie and Chase were the only two there that knew about the plan, the others having no clue that Parker was even coming.

"Chase drink up brother! We're at a bar!" Rudy Pankow said excitedly, clapping a hand on his shoulder. Chase gave him a half smile, the blonde furrowing his eyebrows and throwing an arm around his shoulders. "We only have room for one moper tonight buddy. And guess what...its not you."

"I'm not a moper...I-" Chase felt the sudden unbearable urge to spill his guts, the mans eyes widening as Rudy waited for him to speak. Chase stood, pulling Rudy away by the arm and towards the bathroom. Rudy stumbled, confusion all over his face as Chase dropped his hands on his shoulders, pulling him close that no one could overhear.

"What are you doing?"

"I made a bad decision. And now its your problem too." Rudys eyes widened, his head shaking as he followed Chases gaze to Drew who was sipping at a beer from his seat.

"Oh no...whatd you do?" Rudy said, looking back at Chase whose face was now filled with regret.

"I...talked to Lennie." Rudy furrowed his eyebrows at that, not quite sure how that was a bad thing. Chase seemed to sense his confusion, shaking his head as he took another look at the door and then back at Rudy. "Listen when this place starts getting busy in a few minutes and people start to dance...you might see someone you know."

Rudy still didn't seem to get what he was saying, shaking his head in confusion as he gestured for Chase to continue explaining.The brunette close his eye briefly, quickly reopening them and looking towards the door as people started to file in.

"Parker." It took just her name for Rudy to realize, his entire face falling as he put the pieces together. His eyes widened as he looked at Drew, and then back to a guilty Chase.

"Why? Why would you do that man?" Rudy asked, gesturing to Drew. Even Rudy could see how this was going to go bad.

"I thought it would help. But I just...now I'm not so sure. Lennie is bringing Parker."

"They're just gonna fight dude. You know that. I mean I come up with a lot of stupid shit but even I know this is a bad idea. I mean-"

"I know. I know. But now you know...so it's your problem too." Rudy's eyes widened at that, his head tilting slightly as he looked at Chase. His glare was interrupted by the sound of doors opening, a large amount of people starting to file into the club. Chase dropped a hand on Rudy's shoulder, pulling him slightly closer again and whispering in his ear. "We gotta get back." He said, Rudy nodding as he felt guilt start to burn in him. The two headed back to the table, Drew and Johnathan giving them curious looks as they stood. Rudy's eyes were now searching the room frantically, looking for any sign of Parker Hanson, trying to think of what he would do if he found her.

"What were you guys talking about?" Johnathan asked, looking between the two of them and taking a sip of his drink. Chase just shrugged and shook his head, his eyes also checking behind them.

"Doesn't matter. Let's drink boys." Chase said, earning cheers from Drew and JD. They all headed to the bar, just as Parker Hanson pushed through the door. Chase was quick to excuse himself, the boy running frantically to the other side of the club. He swerved through the crowd, reaching out from a small group of people and pulling Lennie Nelson away from Parker. He pulled her away, not wanting to be seen by Parker, but having to tell her something.

"Ow what the hell!" She shouted, pulling her arm from Chases grip.

"I'm sorry. Listen we need to keep them apart. I don't-this is not good." Chase watched as Lennies face twisted into one of anger, her eyes narrowing as her lips tightened into a straight line. If looks could kill, he would be 6 feet under.

"Are you kidding me?! This was your stupid idea." Lennie said through gritted teeth, shaking her head as she looked him over. Chase ran a hand through his hair, nodding his head and then leaning down to talk to her.

"I know. I know that okay?! But now it's actually happening and I don't know if it's the best thing for them to see each other." Chase looked over Lennies shoulder, his eyes landing on Parker who was already at the bar, ordering a drink and shots.

"Well you should've thought about that before we literally got them here. I cant leave now, shes looking forward to this. You guys just...keep your distance till she's drunk, maybe she won't even realize." Lennie said, knowing this wasn't true. If Parker saw Drew, it didn't matter if she was drunk or sober, she'd still react in a drastic manner. Chase nodded, giving her a pointed look before disappearing into the club. Lennie ran a hand over her face, hating herself and Chase for this bullshit idea that she had agreed to.

"I got you a drink Len!" Parker shouted over the music, the girl already having downed 2 drinks, the empty glasses sitting on the bar.

"Thanks." Lennie said, downing hers as quickly as possible. She was gonna need it. "Let's dance or something." Lennie shouted, her eyes catching onto Rudy Pankow who was sitting in a booth not far from them. There were mere moments left before Parker would see one of them, so she pulled at the girls arm, leading her out onto the dance floor.

"My drink!" Parker cried, gripping her glass as she took a sip. Lennie started to dance with her, Parker nodding and dancing along to the music. It was only a few minutes before she started to feel the kick of alcohol, the music suddenly becoming more intriguing to dance to, the heat of the room burning her as she jumped.

Lennies eyes were flitting around frantically, the girl not wanting to get caught by Parker but still being extra wary about who was around them. Her over eager eyes quickly fell on the empty space where Parker used to be, her heart dropping as she now searched for the girl in question.

"Oh shit no!" Lennie said, turning and trying to find her. She ran towards the bar, trying to find any sign of her but coming up with nothing. This was bad.

Parker Hanson was in the bathroom, the girl sipping away at her new drink with a straw, waiting for a stall. After a good ten or so minutes she was definitely feeling the drinks, her head bobbing to the music as she still waited. She couldn't hold her bladder much longer, the girl pulling open the bathroom door, her eyes landing on the men's bathroom as she got an idea.

Parker reached for the handle, but before she could open the door it flew open, a man walking out and running into her. She stumbled, a grunt leaving her lips as she tried not to fall. The man steadied her, Parker looking up at whoever it was that had hit her.

There was instant shock between the two, Parker's eyes widening as she looked at Drew Starkey. A lump grew in both of their throats, Drew's hands attached to her biceps as he let out a small gasp. Parker could feel her heart sink and speed up at the same time, her stomach burning with all kinds of emotions as they made eye contact. There he was. There was Drew. God she had missed him.

"Parker what are you doing here?" Drew was the first to break the silence, his voice sounding just like how she had remembered it. She stared up at him wide eyed, her lips slightly parted as she wondered what exactly she was doing here.

Lennie found Parker at the wrong time, her eyes widening as Chase seemed to spot them too. The whole crew made their way over, JDs eyes widening as he looked at the pair.

"Oh shit. This is not good."