one; the interview

"Alright our next guest is none other than the amazingly beautiful rising star herself, Parker Hanson!"

"Hi it's a pleasure to be here! Hello Jimmy!" Parker Hanson greeted, the girl crossing her leg over the other as she looked to the host beside her. There was thunderous applause, a smile crossing the girls lips as she waited for it to die down, her heart thumping in her chest as she wondered what Jimmy Fallon would have to ask her.

"So uh—Fear Street trilogy just came out correct? And you're also in Free Guy? You've made quite the name for yourself in the past few months, along with amassing a large amount of social media followers almost overnight, I heard there was some kind of Instagram record involved in there?" Parker flashed a smile, the girl nodding along as he spoke, her fingers knitting together in her lap.

"Yes! Free Guy and Fear Street actually filmed  around the same time for me, so scheduling was a bit of a struggle but I was very excited to see the finished results for those two. Have you seen Fear Street yet Jimmy?" Parker asked, her eyebrow raising as Jimmy gave her a guilty smile.

"I have not. I'm getting around to it—my Netflix watch list is pretty long. Speaking of Netflix...Outer Banks season two recently dropped. Any comments on that?" Parker felt her heart drop, the lights illuminating her skin picking up the instant sweat that began to build. She had hoped that it wouldn't come to this, and her it was so early in the interview and he was already asking.

"Uh—now why would I have any comments on Outer Banks? Was I in that and didn't know?" Parker laughed it off, the pit in her stomach growing as she began to see Jimmy reach into a drawer in his desk.

"No you weren't in it, but recently news broke that you and Drew Starkey were in a relationship and that the breakup was pretty messy. Can you confirm?" Parker blood ran cold, her eyes widening as a humorless laugh left her lips. Being grilled about her ex wasn't something she necessarily wanted to be a part of. Parker pushed a hair behind her ear, biting her lip and then looking back up at an expectant Jimmy. He was holding up a picture of her and Drew, the girl furrowing her eyebrows as she looked at it, the wound still a bit fresh.

"Drew and I did date...um—that wasn't really a secret. The breakup is more of a thing that we don't talk about."

"Well can you at least tell us why you broke up?" Jimmy pried, Parker feeling her nerves start to act up. She wondered if this was the only reason she had been asked to be on the show, if this was all anyone wanted to know. The sweat on the nape of her neck dropped, Parker swiping at it as she showed visible discomfort.

"Let's just say that Drew likes to talk shit—and he always jumps to conclusions. Oh! Am I allowed to say shit?! I mean—I'm sorry." Parker blundered, her hand flying up to cover her mouth as she reached out towards Jimmy. He laughed, waving towards the crew as she continued to apologize for saying shit.

"No no it's okay. We can edit it out. It's fine. Now you played in another tv show last year correct?" Jimmy Fallon continues his interview as if nothing had happened, Parker's chest feeling as if it was going to concave from the nerves of being on such a big platform. She completely forgot what she had said, but somebody watching didn't. Drew didn't.

"I did—um I have had my fair share of  tv show runs. Now my first movie was The Devil All the Time. I have a funny story about Tom Holland actually..." Jimmy raised his eyebrows at her, giving her a nod to continue as she scratched her shoulder, her lips turning up into a smile as she began to reminisce.