Chapter 1

Horace POV 

Enoch and I were fighting again. I knew everybody hated it, especially the younger girls. Enoch was on top of me with his fist in a tight ball, ready to punch me again.  

 "Do it", I told him, "It's not like you haven't before."                  

Little did I know that those words would change everything.

Enoch POV

I was on top of Horace, again, I was breathing heavily, yet again, for some reason I raised my fist like I was going to punch him. 

"Do it, it's not like you haven't before."

That hurt, it was true, I have punched Horace before, but it was always by accident. I waited a minute to put my fist down. I moved too fast. There was a loud yell that I think everybody could hear, including Miss Peregrine. I had punched Horace. I didn't mean to but I punched him.

"Mr. O'Connor and Mr. Somnusson, what do you think you're doing?" Miss Peregrine yelled. "Come with me at once."

We both walked along side Miss Peregrine, Horace was jogging a bit to keep up. Miss Peregrine didn't tell us where we were going, but I think its Horace's room. That would make the most sense, we were already halfway there. Yep. I was right. After a moment we all were in the room of the one and the only: Horace Somnusson. 

 "Mr. O'Connor, Mr. Somnusson, why do you think I have you two here today?" Miss Peregrine asked.

"Cuz we were fighting," I mumbled.

"What did you say, Mr. O'Connor?"

"I said because we were fighting," I had raised my voice to almost a shout, but hadn't realized.

Horace POV

Enoch yelled at Miss Peregrine. We're both dead. She seems oddly calm about it, maybe over the years she got used to it.

"Mr. Somnusson? Are you listening?" Miss Peregrine asked. 

I looked up at her, clearly not hearing what she had just said. 

"I had just finished telling Mr. O'Connor off, so you should now be fully aware that Mr. O'Connor and your self's punishment is coming," she said.  "Are you both ready? You are? Okay. So, as you both know you have been fighting quite a lot lately. And as you both should know, fighting is not tolerated here. As it has gotten out of hand, you two will be handcuffed and do everything together until you can get along."

I was in complete shock.

"E-everything together?" I asked nervously.

"Yes, everything together, Mr. Somnusson, was I not clear enough?", She said while pulling out a pair of handcuffs. "Mr. O'Connor, if I may have your right hand? And the same with your left, Mr. Somnusson."

Enoch looked like he could kill somebody, which now that I think about it he could, but he did as he was told. I did the same but kept quiet and emotionless. If anybody found out that I was gay, I'd be kicked out of the loop because they wouldn't except me. I was brought out of my daze and found Miss Peregrine was gone when Enoch said something I wouldn't want in a million years.

"YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM," I yelled at him, it was the worst thing to do right now.

"Yeah. Didn't you hear me asking Miss Peregrine if we could wait until I'm done? Well, lets go."

I stared at him white as a ghost as he pulled on my arm. He eventually picked me up and dropped me.

"Come on," he told me, quite clearly annoyed.

A/N : Sorry that was a terrible chapter I'll try to do better next time. I'm currently writing this with much anxiety, and don't have many ideas. If you liked this chapter comment and/ or vote. I'm open to ideas, and might not post the second chapter because I have school and homework.