Chapter 23: The Town of Clover

Start from the beginning

"Can you still go Kanade" Chloe asked her

"I can't give up yet, not until I lay even a scratch on you" Kanade told her

"Then pick up the pace and show me your resolve" Chloe told her

Kanade calmed her breathing and looked at Chloe with determination. She raised her staff and a huge magic circle appeared in the sky which rained down fire and lightning on Chloe.

Chloe looked at the attack and waved her sword with enough force to generate winds which sent all the attack to different directions.

"Burn" Kanade tried to use her power of words to burn Chloe but nothing happened

"Fall, Crush, Break, Disappear" Try as she might to use her power of word, but nothing was happening to Chloe.

"Didn't I tell you that I can nullify all natural and supernatural phenomenon that is directed at me Kanade?" Chloe asked her

"Then how about this!" Kanade flew in the air and pointed her staff at Chloe who was still watching her. Multiple magic circle appeared in front of her staff and she released a huge amount of mana from her body. Immediately, Thousands upon thousands of ice spikes appeared in the sky which covered the entire forest.

'I am well aware that this is nowhere close enough to even make goddess Chloe move from her spot, but I will use it as a distraction to launch my real attack' Kanade thought to herself

"Pierce all things, Ice Saber" Kanade shouted.

The rain of Ice began to fall at a ridiculous speed which was close to the speed of light. Kanade was watching Chloe and waiting for her to make any sudden movement which will be her cue to launch her most powerful spell on her. That was the plan she came up with, but what happened next left her very confused. All the ice spikes that she created disappeared in the blink of an eye.

"Wh-what!!!" Kanade said in confusion

"I guess I didn't tell you this, but I can hack into any kind of magic which allows me nullify almost all kind of magic in existence. Frontal magic based attack like that will never reach me" Chloe told Kanade

'There were more that five thousand ice spikes and she nullified them all in an instant. Truly, the deities are beings who should not be messed with' Kanade thought from the bottom of her heart

"Is that all the spell you have left to try Kanade?" Chloe asked her

"No! I still have my trump card" Kanade said to her.

Kanade released all the reserve she has in her body which caused a cold breeze to blow on the entire forest "Absolute Zero"

With those words spoken by Kanade, the air turned dark blue and the world froze. Not like the world was frozen in ice, but more like everything just stopped moving as if time was stopped. This is Kanade's strongest spell which keeps everything in the planet in a frozen state. It is different from time stop. Time stop pauses everything and resume after the caster releases it. Absolute Zero keeps everything in a frozen state and shatters everything the caster perceives as a threat after the spell is stopped by the caster.

Kanade knew that Chloe was immortal and knew that this spell will not kill her, but she was hoping it would at least damage her after she lift the spell. But it was all useless because keeping the world frozen is the most foolish move to use on a being who governs over time.

Chloe looked around and released a little bit of her authority over time which returned the world to its normal flow. Kanade looked stupified after seeing how easily Chloe canceled her spell. Her strongest spell mind you.