December, 2018: Have Yourself A Merry Happy Christmas

Начните с самого начала

The plan was to sneak to the balcony where no eyes would see her because The YG CEO would be sitting at the control area somewhere on the opposite side of the main stage. So to the balcony, she went—it was placed on the right side of the main stage. The moment she was seated, it was the same moment the concert started, so off the crew go, clearly having something else she ought to do. After addressing her gratefulness, Irene let the crew go.

The arena grew hotter and hotter. The crowd was wilding and it hyped Irene up. So she sang along to every word there was in the lyrics—she memorised everything by heart. She even waved her Pyongbong (she bought it online and could not stop smiling and when the package arrived—she made efforts too) vigorously following the beat of each song. Everything went smoothly until the girls performed Whistle and Jennie slipped off the stairs. Everyone in the crowd gasped and the members quickly approached the petit woman making sure she was okay. Jennie flashed her gummy smile that turned to a slight grimace because it must have been painful. Then there Irene saw how Lisa's face changed, it was a discomfort—she was worried, clearly. It looked like Lisa had her focus broken although she tried to keep being professional. And Irene was reminded once again, where she had to stand.

"Yah. You're prettier in real life, huh?"

A voice suddenly snapped her out of her reverie harshly. She was torn between her own thoughts and a new set of problems; a new set of problems in a form none other than the CEO of YG Ent.

Yang Hyunsuk.

Crap.

"Oh! Y—Yang Seonsaengnim!" Irene awkwardly bowed, trying to collect the tiniest self-composure that just scattered anywhere from the first sound of his voice.

The CEO flopped himself into the seat next to Irene, scanning her face as if making sure it was who it was he thought.

"Why didn't hyeong tell me about any of this? Do you come alone? Are you here to spy on us?"

The sudden question from the CEO immediately created a sudden disappearance of the colour on Irene's face making the man next to her heave a hefty laugh.

"I'm kidding. Kidding! Sorry, I was just teasing you."

Irene could only laugh along awkwardly following the stringing laugh from the man she had never been introduced to properly. As if reading her mind, Yang Hyunsuk offered her his hand.

"We haven't been introduced properly. I'm Yang Hyunsuk from YG. Pleasure making you an acquaintance."

"Yes, Sir. I'm Irene from Red Velvet. Pleasure's all mine."

"So what business brings you here?" The man asked as he scanned the whole arena; a content smile of pride was plastered on his face—his girls made it.

"Uhm... I just come here to see the members."

"And I assume you come here without telling your sajangnim."

Of course, he assumed so because otherwise he would have known about her visit and she would not be concealing herself away from the crowd.

"That—," Irene cleared her throat before coming clean, "—That would be true, Sir," she said so confidently but her fingers were fidgeting and being ever-so-observant, the older man chuckled, trying to calm the caught bunny down.

"Relax, I won't tell your sajangnim that I see you here."

"Thank you, Sir."

"I'm just happy that our girls are able to find others in the industry who walk the same shoes as they do and receive the love and support like ones only you can provide. They need a lot of perspectives," he said as he intently watched the girls' performance on the stage before he continued, "I'm afraid for them, truthfully. I've lost their seniors due to unfortunate circumstances; they were brilliant and loved, and they had their support systems but I couldn't protect them from hatred and the ideology of my peers. I was outvoted. They were one of my biggest achievements but also one I failed to protect."