╰┈➤ Chapter 27

Instead of wasting their time banging the door knowing it would not open despite of their numerous attempt, Su-hyeok and Cheong-san went straight to the corner, grabbing the tarpaulin that seems to be hiding something and pulling it away, unraveling the object beneath it. It was a variety of baseball bats, some are made of metal and some were made of woods but there are thick and long nails wrapped around the top barrel.

Hye-wol raises her eyebrow, silently watching from the sideline.

"Wait why does the school has baseball bat like that?" Dae-su cannot help but to asks in wonder after seeing the nail-covered baseball bat. However, he was ignored but he was suddenly handed a music sheet stand from Wu-jin.

Su-hyeok and Cheong-san handed it to everyone except Dae-su and Hye-wol, keeping the baseball bat with nails for them. On the other hand, Nam-ra and On-jo grab the tarpaulin, preparing to throw it through the railings of the stairs.

"Nam-ra?" The guys look at her as she concentrates, expanding her hearing range.

"They're coming." just this sentence made Cheong-san and Su-hyeok to jog down the steps, stopping on the stairs landing with their nail-covered baseball in hand.

The growls and the heavy footsteps finally reach the human's ears, one zombie after another making their appearance from the hallway as it all scramble to get up to where the human flesh is standing.

However, just as the first zombie finally reach to where they stood, the guys and the girls finally throw the tarpaulin, the massive sheet completely covering the staircase and simultaneously trapping the zombies inside as the ravage monsters tries to claw their way out.

Some zombies that manages to escape the sheet was met by the duo's nail-covered bat, the blood splattering around as the nails pierce their skin and the impact of the swing causes some of their bones to crack.

As the number of zombie increases, the more it gets harder to control the tarpaulin, the sides being completely ripped open as more zombies runs towards the space.

"Yoon Gwi-nam, you fucking snail, where the fuck are you?" Cheong-san grunted under his breath just as a zombie manages to tackle him down, the zombie's head bursting as blood splatters around seconds after it tackles him.

Su-hyeok pulls the baseball bat from its skull, which has a little restraint because the nails seems to embed itself deep inside its skull.

The tarpaulin was finally down, the guys save for Dae-su running towards the stairs with their own baseball bats ready to strike if the zombie manages to go pass the deadly duo's wrath while On-jo and Nam-ra stayed with a very unimpressed and bored looking Hye-wol, Dae-su standing there not really knowing what to do as he keeps glancing back to the fight and to the door.

Not knowing what he can do, he begins to pound his fist at the door, trying his best to open it.

"That won't going to work, Dae-su yah," said On-jo, "The door was high-tech and designed to withstand any physical strength."

"Fuck!" Dae-su cries out, slamming his body to the door.

Meanwhile, Yoon Gwi-nam finally made his appearance, grabbing a zombie from the scruff of its neck to only push it down like it weighted nothing.

"Finally, time for you to appear," Su-hyeok commented just as he bash a zombie's head.

"I fell from the 3rd floor. I think I even broke my neck and that shit really hurt, you know?" Gwi-nam spat, glaring at the guy that pushed him over the window while simultaneously pushing the zombies down.

"But that's nothing on the pain you'll feel later," Su-hyeok sniggers, bashing a zombie head, "6 floor isn't a joke."

"Shut the fuck up!" Gwi-nam growled, glaring at Su-hyeok but the guy just smirked at him.

"Yoon Gwi-nam? Since when Su-hyeok and Gwi-nam became close?" Gyeong-su asks, forehead creasing at the happening unfolding in front of their eyes.

"I don't know. The last thing I can remember is that he stalked us out everywhere we go because he's too obsessed with Cheong-san's eye and Hye-wol." Joon-yeong shrug, "Speaking of eye, why does he still have both of his eyes?"

"I don't even know they were friends. He killed Cheong-san before everything went black to me," said Wu-jin.

"Well, you clearly missed so much," On-jo smirked down at them.

"And it's not time to talk about that right now," Nam-ra butted in, looking down at the trio having no trouble fighting off the zombies, "Yah, Yoon Gwi-nam!" she called the bully.

"What?"

"Lee Na-yeon?" was her only response but it was enough for Gwi-nam to understand what she meant.

"Still haven't found the brat," Gwi-nam responded, tripping a zombie that was about to go pass him but fell face face on the stairs before rolling down, "You're not even being discrete. Does she know already?"

Nam-ra turn to Hye-wol who plasters an unreadable expression before turning back down to Gwi-nam, "As expected." She didn't know whether to be proud or to be alarmed by how Hye-wol learned or catch up so fast. But she's certainly alarmed and worried at the occasional blank expression of the girl.

Hye-wol's eyes are her prettiest asset for Nam-ra because it's the window of her expression. One could read what she felt and what she thinks with just a look on her eyes. But when she wore that expression, no one can seem to read her--- like she suddenly shuts down. It's all black. And that's a problem because even that Hye-wol on their distant past wasn't like that.

"She's smart I told you," Gwi-nam smirked, finally having the opportunity to jog up the stairs and pass the trio on the middle stairs. He stops right in front of Hye-wol, brushing the stray hair that falls on her face and tucking it behind her ears. She visibly cringes back but he proceeds in patting her head, "That's my lovely pet. I'm so proud of you."

A hand suddenly grab Gwi-nam's hand, the strength is comparable to him so he already know who it is, "Your mission, Gwi-nam. Na-yeon can't survive, she's a threat. A liability." Nam-ra reminded him.

"I know, I know," Gwi-nam grumbles, "I just want to see Hye-wol."

"You already saw her, now scram," On-jo sassed, pulling the obviously uncomfortable Hye-wol to her back, "You're scaring her."

"I could squish you like a bug, you know that?" Gwi-nam sneered at the shorter girl.

"Do it," On-jo challenges him, smirking, "I know you can't."

Gwi-nam make face at her before turning around, "I'll do it fast. I'm so tired of roaming around alone."

Alarm softly echoes and the door to the rooftop opens on its own, shocking Dae-su but he immediately inform the group, "The door is open!" he yelled at them before opening the door to the rooftop, going outside first to witness the helicopter flying away from the rooftop.

"Let's go!" the guys yelled.

They made sure Hye-wol went out first before them, leaving Gwi-nam to handle the zombies from the stairs.

"Aish, I'm alone again," he grumble under his breath as the metal door closes behind him.

***

If you're wondering why Joon-yeong, Wu-jin, and Gyeong-su didn't know about Gwi-nam's involvement with the other yanderes-- especially Cheong-san is because they're memories can only get as far before they died. That's why Wu-jin said "everything went black to me" because it symbolizes the end of their memories so out of all the yanderes, Gyeong-su is the more clueless among them.

Their memories are on their point of views so they don't know the third person details such as Na-yeon's whereabouts and Kim Cheol-soo (the rooftop traitor).

About Gwi-nam, half of his memories after he turned got kind of blurry and messy because his main priority before he got infected is Hye-wol so that's the absolute clear thing on his mind. Nam-ra's most clearer memory is the plan and Hye-wol. They can still remember the past but it wasn't detailed like before they become hambies.