╰┈➤ Chapter 34

"Someone made you trip?" Nam-ra asks in a whisper tone when On-jo explains what happened earlier when they were running.

The other guys are dozing off, Dae-su, Ha-ri and Mi-jin were completely knocked out after the long and exhausting day, Hye-wol was lying on the mat-covered ground, Su-hyeok's coat covering her legs while her head lay on his legs. This leaves Su-hyeok, On-jo, and Nam-ra completely awake which gives the shorter girl the time to explain the weird phenomenon that happened to them earlier.

"No," On-jo was quick to shake her head, "It's not someone– rather something. There's no object that could make us trip and I'm sure there's no way we would fall down all of the sudden."

"Maybe you slipped? The ground is covered with grass and maybe the rain made it slippery." Su-hyeok suggested, his fingers lightly combing Hye-wol's hair. 

But then again, On-jo shakes her head, "I felt a weird feeling in my foot. Like someone's hand grabbed it and pulled me down. But there's no one– not even a zombie on our way."

"You felt it too?" They wouldn't admit it but they flinched when they heard a soft voice from where Hye-wol is sleeping. They really thought that she was fast asleep. 

Hye-wol is staring at them, eyes hooded in tiredness, "Something pulled me down too. I'm not typically clumsy and I wouldn't dare stumble when I'm running for my life." she stood up from lying down, criss crossing her legs as she stared at them, "Hyo-ryeong was supposed to be the one that will trip and that's when Ji-min would've run by herself which later on gets her killed. That's the trigger event for the Jang sibling reunion."

"Yes, I do remember it. I saved Hyo-ryeong and Noona saved us." Wu-jin was now wide awake, the sign of sleepiness long gone as he stole a glance at his older sister, "I thought changing the continuity will create a butterfly effect and thus, changing the continuity?"

For once, Nam-ra nor Joon-yeong didn't know what to say. 

"Exactly, the Butterfly Effect," Hye-wol stated, "You've changed things and destroyed the system. Maybe it was the system's way of correcting the continuity."

"The system doesn't have any hold on us, Hyewol-ie," Nam-ra stated in soft voice, "No one can control what will happen but us. Our destiny wasn't written by anyone, we make our own paths through our choices."

"Did you… " Hye-wol stuttered, looking at her nails like it was the most interesting thing in the world, "Do you have anything to do with the whole transmigration shenanigans? Because no matter how I try to think that I'm really dead in my real timeline, it's just so impossible to die because of a chocolate."

"No," Nam-ra's answer sounds confident, "We didn't even know that you're not from this world until you confessed to us on the rooftop in our timeline. We didn't believe you but after proving to us that you were really not from this timeline, that didn't change the fact that we love you and we'll protect you."

"I'm straight, Nam-ra. I'm not into girls." Hye-wol stated just like how she said to On-jo. 

Nam-ra snorted, an amused smile plastered on her pretty face, "I'm straight too, don't worry. Loving someone doesn't always mean that you want to kiss and date them. There's love that you cannot explain but knows that it is clearly platonic," she grabs Hye-wol's hand, looking at her sincerely, "What I felt for you is either friendship or sisterhood kind of love. Either way, it's platonic. You were the first person to approach me without a hidden agenda. I tried pushing you away so many times, even becoming rude to you but you still stick around. However, you were not a pushover, you know when to leave me alone and you know when I needed someone's presence the most. That's the first time someone ever had a clear intention of befriending me. And you're the first person my Mom approves of."