╰┈➤ Chapter 22

Hye-wol collapses at the floor, her legs giving up from both exhaustion and adrenaline rush coursing through her system. She's gasping for air, coughing as her hand find its way on her chest where her heart lies, feeling the erratic beating caused by mixed emotions.

Cheong-san followed her on the ground after making sure that the door to the music room is securely close, brushing her hair away from her face and tucking it behind her ears, "Do you want me tie your hair for you?" his voice is soft just as his finger that is brushing the hair away from her face.

However, Hye-wol slap his hand away from her, eyes glaring as anger completely takes over her, "I'm so tired of pretending that I didn't notice how you lot manipulated me! I'm so tired of you all controlling me like you own me! You forced me to go with you and I nearly died out there! I was fine in the broadcasting room but why do you have to pull me in your own trouble! I told you I want to go with Su-hyeok but you literally pull me to my death when all you guys promise is to protect me!"

Cheong-san's jaw tightens as his teeth grinds to each other but that didn't deter Hye-wol, "See how that completely contradicts your statement? Isn't it just manipulating me to stay with all of you?"

Cheong-san chuckles but the darkness that dawned on his expression didn't left, smirking he meet Hye-wol's eyes with his dark eyes, staring at her like he could see the inner most thoughts of her, "You're really smart for your own good, Hyewol-ie."

He suddenly grabs Hye-wol on the chin, fingers pinching her cheeks so harsh that it starts to ache, "But you are too stupid too because you fell in our traps. Guess you weren't really a genius at all."

Hye-wol heard the faint clicking of lock and from her peripheral vision, she could see the door to the stock room slightly opening so with all of her strength, she slap Cheong-san's hand away from her face, "Don't!" she hid the panic settling on her stomach through the coldness of her voice, that simple word has double meaning that she hope the person from the other side of the door understands.

Thankfully, the door closes again, slowly and not making a sound. When she heard the faint clicking of lock again, the panic left her her as her focus turn to Cheong-san who's still smirking at her, "Don't you dare touch me."

She slides away from the lad, legs kicking on the floor so she could put distance between them. Cheong-san slowly stood up from kneeling down, his whole aura shifting from the innocent guy into something darker.

"You knew but you didn't went with your bitchy cousin?" he wonders aloud, "Why is that?"

"Ah!" his expression suddenly lightens up like he had thought of a bright idea, "It's because you know that she can't really protect you. That if you were going to be with her, you're only risking your chance of survival. Na-yeon is weak but you're weaker, Hyewol-ie. We're the only one who can get you of here. We're the only one who can protect you, my little bunny. Just like a weak bunny, you need to be protected."

Bunnies are intelligent creature...

The massive shifts on Cheong-san's emotion is a huge red flag, the way he easily got worked up and then becomes caring the next. If Cheong-san's already like this, what more of the others?

Hye-wol blink, expression falling as Cheong-san's words sinks in, "Just.... just keep your distance away from me. I will not going to run away," she said in defeated tone, "It's not like I have somewhere to go anyway."

The school is infested with the cannibalistic monsters and the city is no good too. She wasn't stupid to not conclude that although they are dangerous, she's safer with them. She knew... She just knew. Just endure it for now, Hye-wol ah. Timing is a crucial ingredient so be patient.