╰┈➤ Chapter 16

Tense is an understatement as the realization that the catastrophe inside their school might have already spread beyond the gates too. With all of the fighting, the surprise attack from the dangling zombie, and Na-yeon accusing Gyeong-su of being infected after literally fighting in the front line exhausts Hye-wol not only physically but also mentally.

She couldn't believe that she had written Na-yeon as this annoying and she couldn't help but to feel annoyed too with her usual whining and rude demands. She's partially at fault but it's already draining after all of what happened to them today--- it's not even pass 6 PM and she feels like she's been awake for weeks.

Now, Gyeong-su was hurt and was forced to quarantine himself for 30 minutes whom the latter promised to stay for a whole hour in spite.

Hye-wol watch her cousin to sit beside her, hand in her pockets and she didn't even need to recall the plot because she already knew what she had done.

"Do you remember back when we were Eight, I was so jealous at you because Uncle gifted you a bicycle and I wasn't even allowed to ride one?" Hye-wol suddenly spoke.

Na-yeon's forehead furrows at the sudden recalling of memories but she did remember that one. It was a bittersweet memory because she was hospitalized for nearly drowning but it was the start of their bond, "Yes. You were so pissed at me because I wouldn't let you play with it so you pushed me to the pool. You were punished and you swore to never do that again," her brows furrowed after that, "Why do you even ask?"

Hye-wol shrug, looking ahead of them and to Gyeong-su sitting inside the recording room in solace, "Nothing. It's just that jealousy will get you to nowhere. To be honest, I was blinded by my jealousy because you have something that I didn't have but I want to possess so I did a stupid thing and I actually regretted it at the end."

She finally turn to look at Na-yeon straight in her eyes, "Guilt is probably the worst torture for a human being. Physical torture can be healed over time but Psychological distress will torture you for a life time. There are many things that I regret and they still haunt me till today."

She's doing this for Na-yeon to realize that what she's about to do will cause nothing but darkness. She knows she can't physically prevent the death of a character but she deduced that she could change them through verbal especially that she had managed to convince Coach Kang earlier.

Na-yeon on the other hand unconsciously grip her bloodied handkerchief on her hand as her cousin's words soak in her mind. She sighs, "Now that we're in a deep talk, I have to tell you something about Na-----"

"Na-yeon ah," Ms. Park approaches the two of them, unintentionally interrupting what Na-yeon was about to say, "You remember your promise, do you? After 30 minutes you'll apologize."

Na-yeon was silent for a couple of second, not really looking at Ms. Park, "Yes."

"It's been 30 minutes," said Ms. Park.

Na-yeon look at Hye-wol for a split a second, catching her silently shake her head before she return her gaze to the professor, "Alright."

She stood up and starts walking away. Hye-wol stood up and reaches for Na-yeon's hand and just like what she had expected, she felt electric current running from her fingers up to her arms. She sighs defeatedly, biting her lips as she prevent the frustrated tears to fall down. What a useless person.

Gyeong-su heave a sigh at the sight of Na-yeon stepping inside the recording room, closing the door behind her. The girl stops just in front of the door, looking back to the broadcasting room to see the faces of those deranged people who will only bring trouble to her cousin. Her mind flashing back to a particular memory.