110. "collecting pictures from a flood that wrecked our home"

Start from the beginning

"Ah, that make sense," said Ginny, nodding absentmindedly. "I was always weird out by the fact that you never spoke to me respectfully,"

Astoria scoffed.

"Says the one that speaks like a sailor," she argued.

"Listen here, Greengrass —"

"Enough!" both Lucia and Draco whispered, causing the two girls to roll their eyes at them.

"Can you believe them? Getting along? Weren't they arguing just hours ago?" murmured Astoria, eyeing the pair in a judgy manner.

"That's what I thought too," muttered Ginny back.

Lucia rolled her eyes.

But they were not far from the truth.

Since the beginning of the year, Draco Malfoy had became somewhat tolerable despite the brand on his forehand. However, thought Lucia resented him, she also didn't judge him entirely by it as she would always be reminded of his behaviour from last year; It was particularly hard to read him these days, whether he was about to betray them again or if he was just genuinely helping them. And she reckoned these feelings of confliction toward him started all the way back when she saw his cry for help that was now written with nothing but regret. But like she said, she wasn't too sure whether it was sincere or not...

Though, he did became her unofficial desk mate for many of the lessons that they shared, and not to mention how he had been the first one to react to when she was first tortured. But, perhaps it was just the needy sense of repaying him back for the nice and tolerable behaviour he had for her, but she was still not going to drop her sense of vigilance whenever he were to be around her. For all she knew, it was all an act.

However, since the start of the year, she did noticed how softer and passive he had become, doing anything to not be under the spotlight — she would be lying if she didn't think it was shocking that he did not want to be under the spotlight anymore, but maybe he was just maturing more. Perhaps Voldemort humbled him in some ways, which would not be a surprise if he did.

"Astoria, you're going to sit for your O.W.L.s right after the holidays. We don't know what the Ministry has instore for you," told Draco seriously. "You asked me to help you study —"

"And I don't know why I did that when Lucia got better O.W.L.s than you, Seamus, and Neville combine!" said Astoria.

"You really didn't have to bring me into this," deadpanned Neville, before he turned to Lucia, "What's the direct translation for Mobilicorpus again?"

Draco flinched at the spell, but quickly replaced it by going through the books he had brought with him.

But it did not go unnoticed.

"Damn, relax, it's just a spell," scoffed Seamus, before he turned to Lucia expectantly, "I'm stuck there too honestly,"

Lucia glanced at Draco momentarily and then sighed, complying with Neville and Seamus.

"Mobilis means 'movable' and corpus means 'body'" said Lucia, forgetting the flinch she saw as she looked through Ginny's Transfiguration homework.

"Thank... you!" Seamus grinned in a dubious manner, as he wrote it in his essay.

Astoria pursed her lips.

"You know, just before I was RUDELY interrupted," she glared at the bunch of them, who merely gazed at her amusingly. "About the holidays,"

"What about it?" Luna sauntered toward their table, sitting down on the chair beside Ginny. She had just returned from her Herbology lesson.