Chapter 6

A sudden urge to scream filled me, the darkness was closing in all around me, I couldn't see I couldn't breathe. My heart was beating faster then a galloping horse.

Dria...

I tried to move to where I heard the voice, but I felt as though I surrounded by quicksand.

Dria.

"I'm here!" I tired to call out. But when I opened my mouth I felt a choking sensation overcome me.

"Dria!"

I starteld awake.

Where am I? I wondered.

The sun was slowly crawling its way up above the horizon, I glanced around and saw I was on a horse in a group with other riders.

Then it all came back.

I let out a deep sigh and groaned as I leaned back onto Iricks back.

But then I realized it wasn't his back.

It was his chest.

I slowly straightened myself up and looked to see Irick turned in the saddle facing me. He wore a concerned expression on his face.

I looked down and saw my hands clutching his.

I realized I was sqeezing them very tightly.

I released my grip on his hands and brought then close to me, fiddling with my thumbs. I looked down from his face in embarrassment.

"Your were crying in your sleep" he said suddenly.

I glanced at him to see him looking at my face.

I quickly brought my hand up and felt tears on my cheeks. I blinked furiously and wiped them away.

"Nightmare?" He asked.

"Yeah" I mumbled. My voice shook as if it would break, "Sorry".

"Don't be, do you want to tell me about it?" He prompted.

Do I? Can I trust him?

I decided if I would tell him, I'd tell him when we were with the others.

"Maybe later" I decided.

He nodded. He reached out and patted my arm kindly. Then turned back around in the saddle and took up the reigns again.

His fiery hair caught the light of the sun, making it a gorgeous amber color.

I sighed. How could someone so frustratingly annoying be so unbelievably amazing?

I fought ideas that sprung into my head.

I like Silas, Not Irick. I had to keep reminding myself.

But why? Did I actually like Irick? I don't even know him much. And then there's Savi...I'd hate to like him if she already does.

If she's alive a dark voice in my mind said.

"Irick" I asked quietly.

"Hmm?" He hummed. Keeping his gaze forward on the road.

"Savi and Ryu will be alright...right?" I asked.

I waited for him to tell me they would be fine, but he didn't say anything.

I noticed his head droop a bit.

"I don't know what happened to them, I wasn't near them when the attack happened" he said sadly.

He sounded as if he blamed himself for what happened.

"Oh" was all I said.

"I guess we'll never know what happened to them..." he said finally.