1 - ❝PLATFORM 9 3/4❞

Start from the beginning

you blink, ah, it was your train ticket.

9 3/4, it read.

you look from your ticket to the numbers aligning the roof, walking down them.

9...9...9...10..

you pause, stepping back, looking between 9 and 10.

you blink, tilting your head. unless your eyes were deceiving you, which they likely weren't, there was no platform 9 3/4.

you step backwards to make sure you hadn't missed it but after a thorough (in your eyes, at least) look, you had realised there was nothing.

you blink,

oh well. better go home, then

but your attention turns to a large group of redheads, they were dragging along trolleys with large trunks and were loudly chattering about muggles.

you blink, thinking back to when you heard the word 'muggle' before.

but you stare as they start running through the wall, blinking slightly in shock. they seemed to be wizards, so once everyone had gone through, you followed suit.

you look around slightly before walking casually through the wall, you look around silently as you emerge from the other side.

there was a large crimson steam train sitting on the rails, it was in the station. glancing up, you noticed the large sign saying 'platform 9 3/4'

people were bustling about, they were all carrying trolleys full of giant trunks and owls were even in cages.

they were all chattering loudly, making your ears and head hurt.

you hold your hands to cup your ears in an attempt to block the noise, blinking owlishly, squeezing down on your ears further to lessen the noise before pushing past some people carelessly and boarding the train.

you stroll through the carts, a few were full, others had only one or two people. you look into each cart until you finally found an empty one, you walk inside, plopping yourself on the seat beside the window and peering out at the kids and parents all pushing passed each other.

after a long while, the train had taken off and you were silently staring out the window, watching the trees appear and disappear along the tracks.

you were about to doze off when you're interrupted by your door sliding open. your eye twitches in annoyance, annoyed this girl interrupted your near nap.

you glance over, a girl with bushy brown hair and a bossy face was standing by the door, you frown.

"have you seen a toad? a boy named neville's lost one"

you blink, had you? you wouldn't remember if you had.

you just stare at her, she stares back for a moment before closing the door again, muttering about 'rudeness'

you just look away and back out the window, bringing your eyes down and watching the train wheels move along the track, lips parting slightly.

you look to the side as a trolley rolls down the aisle, there was a lady pushing it. she slides open your door, "anything from the trolley, dear?"

you turn to her, "no" you utter simply. you hadn't brought any money, anyway.

she frowns slightly, mumbling something along the lines of 'kids these days'.

you tilt your head, but ignore it, unsure of what she meant.

you spoke your mind without any filter, not holding back when you speak.

but when you speak, no matter how you mean it or what you say, you often come across as rude and having an attitude, when in reality, that's just the way you speak.

you often have no tone to your voice, your voice seeming to be stuck mellow, nonchalant and monotone.

though it was nothing you could help, it just came out that way.

ever since..

that night.

that night you could no longer remember.

words ; 734

words ; 734

date posted ; 7/11/22

©_behindyou_