Chapter 14- Bank robbery

Start from the beginning

Zack was explaining us the plan while I was nervously biting my nails.

Where they serious?! A bank robbery? Seriously?! Who's dumb idea was this?

Yours.

So, according to the plan, Max and Liam would be distracting the security guard while Zack and Damien will do the actual business and I would just have to act like a hostage. What made them think I'm a good actor?

"How about we practice this first?" Zack suggested.

"You guys made me skip school to rob a bank! I don't want to do this!"

"You wanted to go to school after what happened yesterday?"

"No, I mean yes.. I mean, I would still have to go back."

"Jennifer, chill. And don't mess anything up."

"I'll try."

"Okay so, Damien, grab her arm and then point that gun on her head while Jennifer, you will act scared. This is what you're going to do when we go inside while I'll scare the people and the receptionist to get the money."

"Gun?! Point at head?!" I gasped.

"Relax, it's a fake." He rolled his pretty brown eyes.

I looked over at Damien, who hesitated at first but then suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me towards himself.

Not expecting the sudden contact, I slipped, crashing into him and causing the both of us to go landing on the ground. I laid on top of him while he had his arms wrapped around my waist. Both of us were staring deep into each others eyes and I felt my cheeks burning.

Awkward coughs from three different voices made both of us to quickly get up and act as if nothing had happened.

Damien nervously looked anywhere but at us while I could feel my whole face burning red.

"Meow" We heard a voice coming from behind us.

We all looked down to see a cute black kitten staring up at us with its wide green eyes.

"Aww" Max cooed and bent down to see it. I joined him too and together, the both of us were awing and patting the little kitten as it rolled down on the ground, appreciating the belly scratch it was getting.

"Guys? We don't have time for this? Come back here." Zack ordered but we ignored him.

"What's your name, little friend?" Max asked the kitten.

"Max, it's a kitten. It can't speak." 

"Meow." The kitten meowed at us.

"Who said it can't speak. See. It's name is Meow."

"Max and Jennifer, come here right now!" Zack yelled.

Max picked the kitten in his arms and we went near the three of them. "Can we please take it home?" He pleaded.

"No." Zack deadpanned without even giving the little kitty a look.

"Why not? I can take care of i-"

"You said the same thing for Micky and Minnie, what happened next we all k-"

"It wasn't my fault! Liam fed something to Micky after which he fell sick while you scared Minnie away!"

Max glared at Zack and Liam who were now looking at each other.

"Okay, fine.. I admit it was our fault but we are here on a mission."

"Fine. I am leaving Meow here but after we are done, I'll come to get it back." Max said while keeping the kitten down, petting it for the last time.

***