Chapter 12: Preparation

LUCY

My eyes open, welcomed by the sunlight going through the window. My mind wanders back to the things that I needed to do today. Wow, I've been living here for a month now. Time flies by so fast. I've been taught cooking lessons so many times already.

I glance towards my husband, sleeping on the other side of the bed. I'm also used to sleeping next to him now. Well, I need to prepare for the day.

I begin to sit my body up, when something suddenly pushes me back down. "N-natsu, you're holding on too tight. I need to go-"

"No," he cuts my sentence. "You're going out again."

"Y-yes. That's what I always do, right? Getting cooking lessons and go buy the groceries."

"You don't have time for your family anymore. Are you forgetting about us?"

Us? Family? I didn't think of it that way. Or maybe-it never crossed my mind. Now that I think about it, I really do have my own family now. Even though I've no children. Natsu is...well, family.

A pang of guilt crosses me. I haven't given them attention. I became selfish just because I finally had my own freedom.

"S-sorry, Natsu," I apologize. "Do you want to go somewhere today?"

"Let's think about that later," I can feel him move closer to my nape, his breath going against my bare skin. "Just stay in bed a little longer. You wake up too early."

"O-kay then," I replied, closing my eyes and trying to fall back asleep, but to no avail. "Natsu, I need to send a message to Lisanna first."

He let go of me for a moment, and I made a quick call to Lisanna.

"Hello, Lisanna speaking. Good morning, Lucy-san!" She greeted cheerfully. "Are you on your way? Rather early there."

"I'm sorry, Lisanna. I can't go today..." I turned quiet, expecting her to be angry at me.

"Oh, it's fine! But why? You usually are very punctual."

"Uh..well," I pause, trying to find the right words to say. "F-family time! N-natsu wants some family time so..."

"Hm, I guess I've been taking too much of your time. Sorry about that."

"No no! It isn't like that, really. I'm really grateful for your help."

"Anyways, Lucy-san. Enjoy your time with Natsu! Just don't forget to go to the party tomorrow night, okay?"

I smile. "Okay! Thanks a lot!"

"You're welcome. Bye!" The call ended.

"Lucy," Natsu peeks out from the bedroom door with a big grin. And since I didn't mention it, I was in the living room. "I thought of a place to go to!"

"Really?" I asked excitedly, placing down the telephone and going back in the bedroom. "What place?"

Natsu closes the door as I slip back in bed. Oh, how I love this comfortable and warm feeling. Natsu sits at the foot of the bed.

"Let's go to this Summer Festival! It's tomorrow night, though."

I snatch Natsu's pillow and hug it earnestly. The warmth of the bed is so comfortable. "Hm~ okay, let's go there."

"Yes!" He exclaimed before suddenly hugging me. He gets silent, but I didn't mind because I was too engulfed in the comfiness I was feeling.

"L-lucy, is this like a..a date?" He stuttered.