Chapter 5: A Parent's Feelings

LAYLA

Where are you, Lucy? Come back home already.

"Dear," my husband said. "Please, at least have a bite. We'll never be able to find her if you continue like this." I hadn't had breakfast, or lunch. All I cared for was my daughter- my Lucy. Who knows what's happening to her right now?

She could be kidnapped, or even worse- rap- I don't wanna say it.
My husband pleaded again, and I agree to eat this time. If I can't find her by today, I'm going to go to an over-all search of the country. No matter how long it takes, I will find her.

I take a seat by the long dinner table. It was only me left alone in the dining room. My husband had issues that needed to be taken elsewhere. I sigh as I take the knife and fork, and start eating.

I don't know how much longer 'till I find her. It's been a week and I'm not even sure if she's still alive.

"Mrs Heartfilia," my butler called. I gently lay down my eating utensils and stand up from the chair.

"Have you found her?" I ask.

"We're not sure yet, Ma'm. But some of our men have found a blonde haired girl living in a town a bit further away."

I sigh. "What if it's a mistake again? There are other females that have blonde hair too, you know."

"But ma'm, the lady's name is Lucy. And they've searched the whole place, and she was the only new resident named Lucy."

My heart finally feels at ease. Even though we're not sure of it just yet, it is possible that the Lucy of that place is my daughter.

"Tell my husband that we'll be going there tomorrow," I command him. "Thank you."

He bows down and finally leaves. I sat back down and started eating. I might finally see her. Oh, thank God.

THE NEXT DAY

"We're here, Mr and Mrs Heartfilia. Would you like someone to accompany you?"

I shake my head, hasteful in leaving this car. "No, thank you." I up and leave, eager to see if it actually was her. My husband follows me.

But, something makes me stop in my tracks when I was near the little structure of bricks. As if the questions in my mind were answered, Lucy came out of that certain house I was heading to.

"Luc-" I was about to call to her, when suddenly a pink-haired man peaked out from the door.

"Are you sure you're okay going out alone, Lucy?" The pink-haired person asks. Lucy smiles and assures him that it would be okay.

I was close to tears when I found her, but I can't be more than disappointed that she was residing with a man I've never heard of.

Especially when I was told that she now lives by the name Lucy Dragneel.

What did we do that she had to leave and be married to someone that we don't even know? Were we that bad? Were we the worst parents a person could ever have?

Oh dear fairy, no. This is too much to bear.

I have to take her back. At least convince her to!