There was a fleeting moment before another of the traps explodes on the second floor, sending the corridor and the door outside to shatter into the blast, wood splintering in both their directions, with Kyle slightly blinded he lifts his hand in an attempt to cast a shield spell, it worked briefly but shatters itself under the flames.

The two are knocked back from the window, the entire house ablaze and smoking, all the memories it carried inside leaving to join the clouds. It was like time was slowing again, like the time when Grandpa Nick attacked them, Kyle was free falling through the air with his back to the ground, all he could see through his right eye was the fire erupting from the window they were shot from.

Shaun on the other hand was nowhere to be seen, he wasn't falling beside Kyle, nor had he hit the ground already. There was no trace, with his right eye injured, he could also see the blood flowing upwards in the air away from it, like a reverse stream.

When he hit the grass below, his vision goes black, and all consciousness faded.

*

Zayne who was preoccupied with fending off the Reign hunters was doing his best to fight, he didnt have time to turn fully so he was fashioning elongated claws and fangs, which tore through them regardless. The hunters were equipped with silver swords and daggers, any swipe against the wolves skin will cause permanent damage.

But all attention on the battlefield was averted to the house at the sound of the second explosion, both sides watched as Kyle was flung from the bedroom window, his body hitting the ground hard as the roof of the house had caved in.

"KYLE!" He cried out loud, slitting the mans throat in front of him with ease and turning to sprint towards him, leaving Cara, Alyssa and Adrian to fight the overwhelming forces driving on them.

As he approached, the orange light blazing down on Zaynes face extenuated his fear and anguish, leaning down to pick up his boyfriend, his arm limp as it hung from Zayne's hold. He held him as if he could shatter at any moment and didnt dare put him down, with a conflicted gaze back towards his fighting family he realizes the battle was lost, without Kyle to help them defend against the hunters, it would only be a matter of time before everyone is killed. 

With a saddened face, he drops to his knees and surrenders himself, figuring this was the only way they could escape alive, even if they were prisoners. Cara notices this and gasps, distracting her mid-battle, giving her attacker an opportunity to strike as his sword clashes down again her arm, severing her hand just below her wrist.

She cries out in pain, also falling to her knees, with only two of them fighting, the hunters easily overwhelm the father and daughter duo, restraining them both into the grass head first.

"NO! GET OFF ME!" Alyssa struggled helplessly against them as Adrian stared horrified at the scene unfolding.

"CARA!" He bellowed, hot tears in his eyes as he stares at her still form kneeling in the grass, she was no longer screaming and stared at her devastated home, it was like the very fragments of her soul had crashed down all the way into her stomach, her eyes and forehead creased in pain as tears fall from her faze, highlighted by the blazing bonfire before her, Zayne was clutching Kyle with a frightful need, his decision was worsened by the seconds as the hunters surround them all, whispering amongst themselves on what to do with them.

"Should we kill them? The Head said he wanted only the boy"

"The boy isn't here, suppose he died in the fire?"