Part Seventy 칠십

~ Alyssa ~

Anger flows through my veins as I burst into the living room. "What are you doing here?" I ask Taehyung, sitting on the couch. He looks up to me. I see the red in his eyes and the bottle of wine in his hand. He is drunk. Why on earth is he drunk?!

"Great, you're back! Finally," he says. He slurs his words and tries to stand up. "Do you have a new bottle?" He points at the empty wine bottle in his hand. I cross my arms and look at him. I can't believe he is here right now. Completely wasted.

"I asked you a question," I tell him. Taehyung rolls his eyes at me. "So did I," he says. I groan, "If you are only here to get drunk, then please leave." He runs his hand through his hair, letting me know he is annoyed. "Why? To give you and Yeosang some space?" His angry eyes look back at me, making me even more mad.

"That is none of your business," I shoot back at him. Taehyung takes a step closer to me. "So you erased me from your life already?" He asks, slurring his words. I look into his eyes. He looks angry, but not as angry as I might thought. I also see a broken soul behind his eyes. Is he really hurt that I went out with Yeosang and the others?

The look in his eyes, makes me feel a little scared and worried. He looks more vulnerable than I have seen him ever since we broke up. It lets my anger flow away for a little bit. Just a little bit.

"N-No, of course not," I answer his question. "Well it looks like it," he softly says and looks away from my eyes. "Says you," I shoot back at him. His eyes find their way back to mine. But his anger turned into sadness and pain. "I didn't," he says, "I never will." I quickly look away from his eyes, scared what I will find in them.

I stay quiet and try not to let his words get any effect on me. Why is he saying this to me? I know somewhere inside of his heart, he loves me. I know it is not as much as before, based on his actions in the past month. But I know he loves me, even if it's just for a little bit.

"You're drunk," I tell him. I try to shut my feelings off. He is drunk. That is the only reason he is here right now. The only reason he says this to me.

"Maybe, but that doesn't change anything," he says. I feel my anger wake up in my body again. "Yes, yes it does, Taehyung!" I tell him, "Why else would you be here?" My anger makes Taehyung angry as well. "Because I fucking care about you!" He shoots back at me. I feel my heart pump in my chest. It has been a while since he raised his voice at me. But he has never done that while being drunk...

"But you don't care about me, not anymore," he says. I sigh and roll my eyes. "I am not having this conversation with you now," I tell him. "Just admit it, you only care about him now," he says. I look at Taehyung again and see a mix of anger and jealousy in his eyes. "Him? Yeosang? Really?" I ask him. "You were just with him, right? After the concert?" He asks me. "After the concert where you weren't supposed to go to?" I ask him. I leave his comment about me being with Yeosang after the concert unanswered. I should probably tell him I wasn't with just Yeosang, but I don't. He rolls his eyes, "Don't act like I wasn't allowed to be there too. It wasn't your concert, Alyssa."

"No, of course it wasn't. But just admit that you went there just to keep an eye on me," I tell him. He looks away from me. "I was there because I wanted to be there. That's it. Don't change it into something it isn't," he says. His eyes find mine again. I am glad we aren't yelling at each other again, but this is getting really personal really quickly...

"So you're telling me you weren't there because you were jealous?" I ask him. "I was there to see the band," He says. He is lying. Sure, he might like the band, the band is amazing, so how could he not? But that wasn't the main reason. But even while being drunk, he won't be honest with me.

He breaks my thoughts by taking a step closer to me. "So it's true? You were with him after the concert?" He asks me. I look into his eyes and see his broken soul again. He is hurt... He is hurt because I spent time with Yeosang...

My silence is already an answer for him, but not the answer he was hoping for. "Of course you were..." he says. He turns away from me and grabs the bottle of wine again. But then he remembers the bottle was already empty.

"Why are you so angry about it? You've been spending so much time with Ye-Jun, but as soon as I spend some time with someone like Yeosang, you get angry. How is that fair?" I ask him. He stops in his tracks, letting me know he heard me, but he doesn't say anything.

After a moment of silence, he turns back around to me. "Do you like him?" He asks me. I roll my eyes, "That is none of your concern." But that is not the answer he was looking for. He takes a few steps closer to me and stops right in front of me. "Do you?" He asks again. I try to avoid his eyes, but then he puts his hand on my shoulder to get my attention.

I immediately take a step away from him. "Why do you even care?! You are in love with someone else! You are the one not caring about me. You are the one who broke us up, not me! So now am I not allowed to move on? While you already have? You moved on a long time ago. So I am allowed to move on as well," I tell him. He lets his hand run through his hair out of frustration. He must know I am right. But he hates it.

But instead of an angry comment back from him, he only looks more scared and vulnerable. "So you're really moving on?" He asks me. My anger flows away just a little bit. I haven't seen him like this in a while...

I can't answer him. As much as I want to tell him that I am moving on, I can't. It is not the truth. Of course I am trying to move on. God knows I try my very best to move on. But I am not succeeding. Not yet. My head and my heart just can't move on from him just yet...

"Go home, Taehyung," I tell him and turn away from him. He scoffs, "I don't have a home anymore." My heart aches by his words. It makes me freeze for a little moment. But then I remind myself that he did this to himself. "Go away, Taehyung. Go back to Jimin's, where you are supposed to be right now," I tell him instead.

His next words make me stop once again. "I am supposed to be here, with you," he says. I feel the tears burn in my eyes, but close them in order to hold them in. I don't want to cry. Not in front of him. I try to remind myself that he is drunk and jealous. That is the only reason he says these words to me right now. "No... No, you're not," I tell him.

I turn around to him, just for a small moment. "If you're too drunk to walk down the street, then take the spare bedroom or whatever. But don't bother me," I tell him. I walk away from him and go into my bedroom. I can't stay in the same room as him. Not when he is like this. His words make me feel like I felt during our relationship. But I know they are not true. If he really meant them, he would be back with me. And not just for a single night while he is drunk.

As I close the door of my bedroom, a hand stops me. I look up and see his hand on the door. "Alyssa, just tell me..." he starts, but then stops again. I try not to look into his teary eyes too much. Who knows what they might do to me?

"Taehyung, I just wanna go to bed..." I tell him, but he seems to be struggling with his words. Probably because his drunk thoughts and sober thoughts are fighting together. "Did you... Did you kiss him?" He finally asks. His question scares me. Why is he asking me this?

Before I answer him, I push all my emotions aside. But as my eyes meet his again, I see more emotions than I thought I would. I see fear and worry, but I see more... What is it? Anger? No... Guilt? Is that possible? Why would he be feeling guilty? But then I realize what is going on...

"Why? Because you kissed her?" I ask him. I feel the adrenaline, the fear and the worry in my bones as I look at him. He looks away from me. My heart breaks. He did... He kissed her... I don't know how I should feel. I knew he would kiss her. One day or another. Maybe it even happened way after I thought it would have happened. But it still hurts. It hurts like hell. But he doesn't need to know that.

"Of course you did..." I softly say, "But no, I didn't kiss him. Good night, Taehyung." With one last look at him, I close the door between us. I hear a deep sigh coming from him from the other side of the door. Maybe I should've told him I did kiss Yeosang. Maybe he deserves to feel the pain I feel. Or maybe, just maybe, I still love him too much for that... Because even after everything, I don't want him to feel that much pain.