Epilogue

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of this story. These characters belong to Richelle Mead

7 months later

The sterile scent filled my nose. I was tired and hurting like hell but it was all worth it. They were worth it.

The wrinkly pink body in my arms stretched her hand as she opened and closed her mouth. Dimitri helped me undo my top before I fed our daughter. He rubbed my back and brushed his hand against mine. We both sat in silence, just watching our newborn eat. Her hand reached out and I offered my pinky finger, her hand curling around it. I stroked the side of her face as the salty liquid trickled down my cheeks, remembering that she wasn't my firstborn. I wish she could have met my other daughter. They could have been friends.

The discovery that shadow-kissed Dhampirs could have children shocked Dimitri and me. It was only then that I realized that I may very well be pregnant. So although our daughter was a surprise, she was also expected.

Dimitri kissed my cheek and I realized what that feeling in my chest was. That bubbly, exploding sensation that felt like I had eaten too much popping candy.

Home. It's not a place, it's a person. And just having this little person made me feel at home. Sure, Dimitri made me feel loved but it was only at that moment that I realized how much I wanted, needed this.

A baby can change a person. She needed me, she depended on me and I was her everything. And nothing made me feel better than that. After all, we were bound by blood.

And this story is finally complete!! I hope that all of my readers enjoyed this story. I know I enjoyed writing it. Farewell for now!;)