Chapter 8

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of this story. These characters belong to Richelle Mead

The teasing and mockery never stopped and I was forever the hot topic. We were now two months past that day with Camille in the corridor and still no change in my social level. Not even Lissa could help. It was okay now because I knew everyone would have a new topic when they saw me tomorrow.

My body changes were more visible. I went up a cup size and the next guy that looked down my shirt was getting socked in the nose. Just because I had been raped didn't mean the Moroi guys stopped flirting. Different circumstances and I would be enjoying the extra cleavage. Over these past few days, I had kind of 'popped'. Usually, the baggy T-shirts and a jacket hid the bump but now it was getting too warm and I couldn't pile on clothes anymore. I decided that if my status couldn't get worse than this, why care what anyone thought? So today I'm not wearing a jacket over, they're going to find out eventually unless they think that I suddenly started growing a watermelon under my shirt.

As I walked through the corridor, I heard the gasps filled with shock.

"You tried so hard to get whoever you asked a favor from trapped, you got pregnant? Nice one, tramp," Camille snapped.

Who the hell cares what she thinks? Royals, Moroi, Dhampir. NOT my friends and anyone who really cares about me. I've come to accept this pregnancy as more than a way to get back at my mother.

The day passed in a haze. I didn't feel like doing much and since the Academy found out I was pregnant, they've had me doing extra assignments during my combat classes.

After classes I headed into my dorm and lay back on my bed and put my hand over my stomach, tracing it in small circles. Then I felt the slightest movement. It felt like a fish slipping between my fingers.

"No matter what," I whispered, tears filling my eyes, "I love you"

And then before I knew it, I was all-out balling. I realised that I didn't know what I would do if I had to choose between Lissa and my child. I love my child, it's my flesh and blood but I've trained my whole life to protect Lissa. I'd choose her almost instinctually. I'd try my best to save both of them but I would hesitate to choose Lissa if my child was present. I would fail to abide by 'They come first.' Because to me, my child comes first. And that is why I am considering not being Lissa's guardian any longer.

I just couldn't resist adding a few more chapters. I love writing and I hope you are all enjoying this story. I'm from South Africa. Where are you from?