³⁷ : dance with me

"vernon is doing so well considering he's right next to seungkwan."

the dance was in full motion, classes separating from one another and finding either their story partners or someone from the same group as them to dance with and abiding strictly to the rules imposed by the student union.

meanwhile, vernon hovered around seungkwan, the latter socialising with a bunch of other people be it those from council or neutrals just like him. yet despite that and the fact that peoples' eyes followed vernon around as though wishing that by sheer eye power, he'd dance with them, he stayed glued to seungkwans' side.

"he's probably going to pass out soon," minghao said casually, taking a sip of his drink as dino nodded, his eyes following everyone from their class. "speaking of passing out-" minghao turned to jun who sat dazed by their table, the red rose in his hand. "-i'm shocked that he didn't."

dino chuckled, watching the faint traces of magic playing on juns' fingertips and knowing full well that the boy was enchanting the flower to prevent it from wilting. "did you want to see him on the floor? that's not very nice of you babe."

near to where jun sat, mingyu and wonwoo were in their own world and needless to say, neither of them had any intention of dancing with someone else, both so lost in their own bubble that nothing could snap them out of it.

before dino could ask if hoshi and woozi would be able to make it, the pair entered, hoshi with a tiger print suit and woozi in an all black get-up. "they really are polar opposites," dino said, minghao turning his head to look in their direction before humming in agreement.

the pair approached them, woozi rolling his eyes when hoshi immediately showed them his tiger accented shoes. "i got them custom made!" he declared, both woozi and minghao looking at each other as if he had gone insane while dino smiled and nodded. "by the way, do you think dokyeom will come?"

"why? are you going to beat him up for revealing things he shouldn't have?" hoshi rubbed the back of his neck upon hearing woozi's words but shook his head at the accusation.

"he might've caused me a great deal of embarrassment but he really did want to come to the dance so it'll be a shame if he skipped out on it entirely," hoshi explained, controlling the urge to speak in riddles because he actually did want to be understood by everyone else.

just then, gasps were heard followed by murmurs and when the four of them turned to look at who had just entered, they completely understood what caused such a reaction.

the 95 line of their class stood by the entrance, shocking everyone with their presence alone.

on the left stood joshua, his suit red with silver detailing that glimmered under the lights, a dark red cloak embroidered with silver wolves at the hem draped over his shoulders. meanwhile, seungcheol donned black and blue silken clothes, the air around him seemingly obeying his every command and ensuring that the blue flame crown remained ignited. and in the centre stood jeonghan, the golden boy of the school, who, despite the bandages wrapped around his forehead, still carried himself with effortless grace, gemstones adorning the collar of his white tux that had golden streaks, replicating the shimmer of his magic hair and the crown balancing perfectly on his head.

"they sure know how to make an entrance," dino commented, smiling when jeonghan had taken note of them and approached them, seungcheol and joshua following suit, the former shifting awkwardly and fixing the mask on his face. "what's the point of the masks when we know who you three are?"

"that's rich coming from you dino," joshua said, looking at his green and gold outfit.

soon, the others joined the group expressing their happiness upon seeing jeonghan on his feet again and even jun snapped out of his daze, giving seungcheol a hi five.