"Don't. You don't want to be like him!" Scott exclaimed through gritted teeth.

"You're right. I wanna be like you," Boyd replied. He pulled up his shirt to reveal a bite mark. Well, this was just amazing. A real way to top off the evening.

He glanced at the twins on his way out, feeling guilty at the look on Jade's face. "You're making a mistake," she warned.

Maybe she was right, but it was too late for him to back out now. He joined his fellow betas as the group walked out of the rink.

    ~

"Be back in a sec," Jade told Scott. She opened her car door, practically sprinting. They'd got a phone call ten minutes ago to tell them that Max and Stiles had gotten attacked in the mechanics garage.

"This is a crime scene. You can't go through here," a deputy said. He was trying to push the crowds of reporters back. Quietly, she slipped under the tape, making her way to the ambulance. "Hey!" he yelled after her.

"It's fine," the sheriff sighed, waving a deputy away.

"What happened?" she queried, looking around at her friends. "Are you both okay?"

"Perfectly fine. Just another life threatening experience to add to the list," Max replied. Noah quirked a brow in wonder.

"What's wrong with your hand?" Noah asked his son.

Stiles shook his hand, covering it with his jumper. "Nothing. Can we just get out of here now?" he asked, trying to keep his voice even.

"Look, if there's something you don't think you can tell me- both of you-" Noah began, but was cut off by his son again.

"You think we're lying?" he asked.

"No, of course not. But, if you guys saw someone do this, and you're afraid that maybe they're gonna come back and make sure you don't say anything about it..." Noah said.

"I didn't see anything," Stiles said.

"Yeah, me either. Can we go now please?" Max questioned.

Noah reluctantly nodded. The teenagers looked wrecked, and he couldn't blame them. "Sure. But not in your jeep." Stiles looked up, his brows furrowed in confusion. "We're gonna have to impound it. Sorry kid. Evidence," he said, patting the boys on the shoulder.

"Look after them, yeah?" he murmured under his breath to Jade.

"I always do," she whispered back, sending him a tight-lipped smile. "Come on troublemakers," she sighed, heading back towards her car.

"You okay?" Scott asked as the two boys jumped into the backseats.

"Brilliant. You're right, by the way. It's not like you," Max commented, sitting forward. His cousin had been right about that much.

"It's eyes were like reptilian. It can also paralyse you, which is fantastic. But there was something about it," Stiles said. He looked pretty shook up about it all.

"What do you mean?" Jade asked. He wasn't really making any sense.

The car fell silent for a second. "Oh! You know when you see, like, a friend in a Halloween mask, but all you can actually see is their eyes?" Max explained.