4 - WOULD THAT MAKE ME HAPPY ?

Start from the beginning

"Father , I want to talk to you about something." Gathering all of my courage I pulled his attention towards me .

"Is it important ?" His eyes held a very strange glow in them .

"Yes" With this he signaled all the servants to leave the dinning hall .

'Speak" He directed his Ice cold eyes towards me and I felt and tingling sensation run down my spine .

"I want to break off the engagement with the Crown prince " It took me only a second to blurt out my words in spite of how nervous I was .

The moment the Duke heard my words , I saw his expressionless face crumbling and shock colored his face .

"WHAT!! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!!"

'Wow . The exact line Alexis told me ..... Was this the only line they knew when they were pilled in unexpected situations ?'

"I'm serious , Father . I don't want to be in a Marriage with the Crown prince " I said firmly as I watched the Duke eyebrows twitch in disbelief . 'Well , I get it that you can't believe your lovely daughter is going against you , but I can't care less about you when I know I'm gonna die . You get it sir ?'

"HAVE YOU REALLY GONE INSANE IRIS ? Weren't just so in love with the Crown prince a few days ago ? What happened now ? Huh?"

"Father , Do I really need to explain this to you ? His Highness doesn't loves me . He loves someone else "

"Love ? You never cared about him loving someone else . And are you really gonna let go off him for something as trivial as love ? You disappoint me Iris ." He made it sound as if I was an idiot you was trying dig the ocean with a shovel .

'I ? A DISAPPOINTMENT !? No no no sir .. I'm not a disappointment . YOU ARE !! YOU are the one who is pushing you're daughter into a loveless marriage with a cowardly bastard who is openly having an affair with maid . So why am I a disappointment ?!'

"So you're telling me that you're fine with letting your only daughter enter a loveless marriage with someone who openly cheated on her " This time I was not speaking to save my life but I was speaking for Iris , who could never question her Father.

"Why does that even matter ?  You're getting the position of the Crown Princess , The noblest position in the whole Empire , You get to be the Future Empress of this Empire ."

"You ... Really ? " I was at a loss of words . His words did made sense in a way . But I couldn't belief these words came out of a Father's mouth .

"Father, Do you really think that would make me happy " my voice was becoming louder due to anger .

"Why wouldn't it? You get all the wealth and power in the empire . Would that not make you happy " He made it sound as if I was asking a dumb question .

"That would make me rich or powerful , Father . Not happy ." my voice crystal clear.

"How is it any difference ?"

'God . This man is hopeless . All that matter to him is money and power.'

"For you it may be the same , Father . But for me being rich and being happy are two different things and one thing is clear I will not marry the Crown Prince at any cost ." I made my point clear.

"How dare you disobey me ! I will make sure you never have such a thought again . You are grounded for a week " He looked down at me as if I was some stubborn kid who was crying to get a doll .

"Sure, Father . You can ground me , Lock me in my room and do anything that you want but you can never convince me for this marriage . Even if you somehow force your way through me and dress me in a white dress and walk me down the Aisle to marry the Crown prince , When the priest would ask me if I accept the crown prince as my husband , I would say NO! what would you do about that ? Huh? " I drained my anger and frustration through my words as the Duke stood speechless.

"The worse you can do is kill me , So go ahead , Kill me . Cause I'd rather die than live a miserable life with a cheating husband and a society that blames me for my Fiance's wrongdoings " I exhausted my breath by the last words and stood looking the Duke straight into his eyes and the dinner ended .

Two , It's been two days since I've been grounded

Two , It's been two days since I've been grounded . One thing was clear that I would not marry that piece of shit crown prince . Now I'm thinking of what to do after i get rid of this engagement . Should I enjoy the social life as Iris ? Naah ! In the novel social circles were places where noble ladies used to gather and gossip about rumors and political relations . I can't do that , Gossiping and spreading baseless rumours . Moreover it was mentioned that parties were places where places where people used to hide their motives behind a smile and mock others with sweet words . So no , Not my cup of tea .

Then, should I try some hobby , but what ? I've never had any hobby in my past life cause I was either too busy in my studies or in my smartphone and I don't have enough motivation at moment to start something new . So there's only one option left . TRAVELLING!!

Yes ! I've always wanted to travel in my past life but never got a chance to do so . But now I would travel cause I have a Father who is the richest in the empire so no worry about the money . But where should I travel to ?

I walked towards the corner of the room where a roof length bookshelf was placed . God ! Did the real Iris really read all these books ? I climbed the ladder to look for some book that might help me to make my travel plan for the future . As I reached the forth column of the shelf a spider popped up in front of me all of a sudden and stumbled on the ladder and fell on the floor . A book fell on head and I grunted in pain .

"What the he-" my eyes widened by the scene in front me .

A book was lying open on the floor and there was a map of a country drawn on the paper.

'INDIA!!!' I screamed inwardly . The book showed the map of the Indian subcontinent .

"OH MY GOD !"

I WILL TRAVEL TO INDIA !!

  Hi guys ~

Thankyou for showing so much support and I would really appreciate it you would also upvote my story cause a lot people didn't upvote it after reading the chapters ...

Moreover .. Our story is progressing !!

Just 2 more chapters and Kiara would finally meet Vazraksh and then it's a Romance Blast .

Can't wait for that to happen ...Hehe 😁

Till then bye~bye~♥️