4 - WOULD THAT MAKE ME HAPPY ?

It's been hours since I came back from the royal palace and right now I'm walking my path down the corridor of the Meckelov mansion towards the dinning hall

It's been hours since I came back from the royal palace and right now I'm walking my path down the corridor of the Meckelov mansion towards the dinning hall . And I'm pretty sure that Duke Meckelov , Iris's father would be joining me too . It would be a lie if I said I wasn't nervous to meet him but more than nervous I was scared because in the novel Duke Meckelov was depicted as a Mean businessman who was evil enough to use his one and only daughter as a tool to gain power . That Wet Cat Crown prince did not seemed to be having any thoughts of letting go of me so I only had one option left in front of me . Ask the Duke for help . I knew this was a hopeless idea but I can't let these two men play with my life . Iris may have had played along with their games but I can't , I've lived my whole life in 21st century without relying on anyone and making my own decisions and I can't bear the thought of being controlled against my will.

The carved door made from Oak timber opened to give me the view of the glamorous dinning hall of the estate . There was huge rectangular dining table in the centre of the room with god knows how many chairs arranged with it . There was a glass chandelier hanging from the roof right at centre of the ceiling and there were numbers of candles lit on the cabinets making the room as bright as day . The red curtains hanging to the long windows were contrasting with the bright room . In the Master chair of the dinning table was a man sitting with his eyes fixed on me as I examined the room . He had coal black hair similar to Iris and hazel eyes which made his white skin look even whiter . By the look he seemed to be in his late forties and had lean physique . He eyed me as if something was not right . Only then did I realise that I had to greet him . I lifted the hem of my skirt and bowed to him in a polite greeting .

"Good Evening , Father "

"Hmm" He took his eyes off me and I seated myself into the chair next to him . The servants began serving the food . Apart from the sugarless Tea , My another problem here was the food .
I , Kiara belonged to a Hindu family which held strong believes in Dharma so I had never eaten even an egg so meat was out of the question . But here the majority of food was only meat and I couldn't bear the sight of it .

"Take the meat away " I told the lady in waiting who putting a piece of chicken in in plate . She seemed confused but eventually followed and started serving me Beef instead .

"Take ALL the meat away " I confirmed that I didn't want to eat any meat . She really seemed surprised by my words because the real Iris was a meat lover and wouldn't have ever refused meat.

I had to fill myself up with Salad , rice and bread only . It's not like I have any options. But to my surprise The Duke didn't say a word about this whole situation . Far less a word , He didn't even glaced in my direction . 'Can't you at least even pretend to care about why your daughter is not eating her favourite food !' .... At this point I really felt bad for the real Iris for having such a parent .

The dinner was almost over and a servant was filling the Duke's glass with wine . The Duke didn't show any expression throughout the dinner . There was no conversation between the two of us and by the servant's reactions it didn't seem to anything new .