The Creator's Wife

PROLOGUE

I want to know whether to continue this or not so read and comment , I want to know! Thanks, Mynie MacSheff.

This is my world, the world I started and the world I regret. I gave each of those stupid humans what they wanted. Just one wish each and then they turned round and threw it back in my face. They forgot me, all but one. Everyone forgot their creator but remembered and passed down the skill to wish. All but one. And this is the story of her life. The story of my wife.

Leanne

It's been months now since the stars appeared. Most people thought it was a hoax, by terrorists or a government. To be honest, I thought the same, but that was until he left and I finally thought, what the heck!, I might as well wish...

PART 1

I heard a bang at the back door and I froze, one hand on the wooden spoon, stuck in the dairy free, gluten free biscuit mix, the other on the polished, rustic oak kitchen surface. I heard his sigh and tapping on the glass.

'It's only me love!'

I relaxed, breathing out, and slowly peered my head round the fridge. When I realised it really was him, I went through the process of unlocking all the bolts and locks while he tapped his foot impatiently. I rolled my eyes at him through the old-fashioned, spun glass window in the door.

I receded as he burst through the door and strode over to envelope me in a welcome home hug.

'You knew it was me, why are you always so paranoid love?'

I prodded him in the back and receded from our embrace, grasping his hand in my left and worth my right, the tube of smarties I had left by my cookie dough. I pulled him into the front room, passing though the entrance hall, the wall cut in half, on the top stripy, peeling green and orange wallpaper, below, painted White, the wood panels were cracked and broken but had delicate carvings of mystical fairies on them.

I sat him on his side of the fancy black leather sofa with crushed velvet cushions that his father had given us for a wedding present.

So what did you think? Please comment and/ or vote, I need criticism and ( i hope) praise!