In Wi(nx) Go!

Mirta was very nervous.

     Well that was an understatement, she was shaking all over herself. This new mission sounded dangerous, it was definitely not safe, and judging by the injuries Layla had sustained.... She shuddered to think of the power of this Lord Darkar.

     Still, she couldn't help but feel like Layla was quite familiar... The only question was where had she seen her?

     She could ponder on that later, she decided as she put on the expedition clothes she had been given. She had to help in the rescue after all.

     Hopefully she didn't screw this up and lose her  new friends in the process. Lucy's words still rattled in her mind, and Mirta hated it, but she had good points. It made her wonder, if the Winx would leave her for someone better.

     She shook her head. No no, she couldn't think that way. Not after what Musa had done. At least some people cared and wouldn't leave her.

     She had to stay strong. She couldn't falter now. Not when they needed her to help them in this fight. Whatever it was, she would power through it with them. Together.

     That... gave her hope for the future.

     "Don't do anything stupid you guys."

     "We're not as dumb as you make us sound," Stella gave an offended look to Tecna, who only shrugged in reply while the others snorted. She had a point, what with the many reckless things they had done when they first started out at Alfea.

     "We'll fill you in later," Bloom quickly reassured Mirta and Layla, both who looked hopelessly lost. "It's... a long story."

     "HEY!" Stella pouted, and the others could only snort at this while Faragonda shook her head fondly. She was all too aware on the chaos the five had gotten into when they had started off. It was genuinely something she hoped they wouldn't get into again, but with how the school year had started... she was genuinely beginning to question that.

     "Anyway, the boys should be here soon, so we should get ready," Bloom readjusted her shorts.

     "Yeah, let's go!" Stella cheered.

     "Let's go save some Pixies," Mirta smiled.

     The four soon left the others there, and Flora frowned, "Will they be okay?"

     "Hopefully, yeah," Tecna sighed. "But there is also the possibility of getting into trouble. That percentage is pretty high."

     "No one doubted it, especially considering that Bloom and Stella are both going," Musa pointed out.

     "True," Flora chuckled quietly. "Let's just hope for the best."

     "Yeah, that's how we usually roll," Tecna snorted despite the smile on her own face.

     "Please stay safe guys," Musa closed her eyes in worry. She could only hope for the best, especially for Mirta, who was not used to this at all....

     Mirta was NOT having fun in the cave, that was for certain. WHAT THE HECK WAS THIS PLACE?! She was NEVER setting foot here after this ever again! EVER AGAIN! That was a swear! How did this place even FUNCTION!?

      Magic didn't seem to work down here, so as it was the group was running for their lives. These shadow monsters gave the wrong vibes and they couldn't fight back. They had no choice but to leave it to the Specialists to fight. It... was going just as well as one would expect.

     Sometimes Mirta wished they studied martial arts, and one of those times was now. Being a fairy had never felt more useless than the moment when you couldn't use your powers. But she felt even worse since she hadn't even reached her Winx form yet. She was just a burden. Why did Headmistress Faragonda think she was a good choice for this mission?

     "Mirta, this way!" Stella yelled, snapping her out of her trance as she realised the monsters were gaining on them. Panic bubbling in her throat, she quickened her speed and ran with them out of there, finally losing those monsters.

     "Phew..." Sky exhaled while leaning on the wall. "That was a close one."

     "No kidding," Brandon agreed. "Is everyone alright?"

     "We're good," Layla nodded.

     "Could be better, but yeah," Mirta said.

     "Totally exhausted," Stella grumbled.

     "Come on it's not that bad," Bloom said, wiping a bit of sweat from her forehead as she said this. "Trust me, this is nothing compared to the intensive stuff we had to do on Earth for gym."

     "Earth?" Mirta blinked at her friend. She came from Earth? She hadn't known that. "You came from there?"

     "Yeah," she nodded. "I was sent there by my sister, Daphne, to protect me from the 3 Ancestral Witches..."

     "The 3 Ancestral Witches?..." Mirta's eyes widened. She had heard of them, of their evil deeds... destroying Domino... Was she... "Are you.... Are you from Domino?"

     "She's the last surviving princess from there," Stella answered simply, making Layla's head swivel over in shock, "Wait what?!"

     But before anyone could answer, they all felt the ground shaking, and without warning, the floor beneath their feet opened up its mouth wide, causing them to fall into the dark, unknown abyss.

     What awaited them there? It remained to be seen...
*****
This chapter was written by MysticalStoryWeaver