hiatus

"Corbyn, I know that you're angry, but you all will bounce back. You are still loved and supported. None of that has changed. You will go back to doing exactly what you love in no time. I promise. I promised you the first time, didn't I?"
Corbyn only nodded at your comforting words. No matter how gentle you tried to be, frustration and anger boiled underneath his skin. He could feel his face heating up, turning red rather quickly.
"I know you said that the first time. Now look where we are. Right where we fucking started," he swore, storming out of the room after grabbing his coat. You sat on the edge of his bed, looking down at your lap. The arguments and stupid little fights were getting worse.

"He's just upset. They all are. The thing they love was just taken from them. It's hard to escape that kind of imprisonment."
Your best friend was trying to calm you, which wasn't working. You'd been sitting alone in your room for the past four hours, after the fall out with Corbyn. You were in heavy tears, the large droplets of water soaking your face and sweater.
"I know. He needs time.." you muttered, sniffling a little. "So do I."
Your best friend looked at you for a moment with an expression full of confusion, before pulling back slightly.
"Y/N, you're not going to-"
"I'm going to break up with Corbyn," your voice broke as you said so breathlessly.

You sat in your parked car, which was just outside of Corbyn's house. You inhaled sharply, exhaling with the same energy. You climbed out of the car, hearing the door slam behind you. You didn't notice how mad you were. So many emotions were coursing through your veins in the moment, and it was hard to look back from what you were about to do.
You stepped up to his front door, knocking on it quietly. You'd been looking down the entire time, almost reluctant to look into Corbyn's eyes. You heard the door crack open, finally gaining the courage to see your boyfriend, who looked close to breaking down. Strands of his brown hair were laid out in all directions, his eyes dark, as well as the circles underneath them. He looked pale, wearing a baggy hoodie and jeans. You wanted to pull him into a tight hug. An embrace to show him the love that you felt. But you decided against it, striding into his house when he offered.
You sat down on the couch next to him, messing with the rings on your fingers, including the promise ring Corbyn had given to you on your last birthday. You never took it off. You never felt the need or want to do so. You heard a quiet sob beside you, turning your head to see Corbyn holding his head in his hands, his muffled sobs ringing in your ears like a taunting laugh in a never-ending nightmare. You scooted a little closer towards him, wrapping an awkward arm around his shoulders. He didn't spare any time and merely pulled you into a sloppy hug. His arms wrapped tightly around your waist.
"I don't want to lose you. Ever." He croaked, his hand rubbing the small of your back. "I can't live without you."
Hearing him rant broke your heart slowly, and with every sappy word that spilled from between his lips, you felt your own lower lip start to tremble.
"I'm sorry, Corbyn," you whispered, resting your forehead against his shoulder, a single tear forming on your eyelash before slipping down quickly from your cheek to your jawline. You brought your hand up to run through his messy hair, knowing how Corbyn preferred if you did. It always soothed him, in a way no other person could ever.
"I love you, Y/N. I love you so, so much," he mumbled, pulling back to get a good look at you. You had also looked chaotic, if not as much as Corbyn did.
"I love you, too, baby boy." You offered him a small smile, reaching out to cup his cheek with your smaller hand. He leaned into your touch, grinning a little.
"Stay the night?" He asked, his hands holding onto your hips as his thumbs rubbed at your sides gently. You did nothing but nod, leaning in to rest your forehead against his. Corbyn's hand traveled up to the back of your neck, pulling you into a short but passionate kiss. When your lips joined together, you felt the same fireworks go off as you did when you'd first met Corbyn. All the memories and good times started to replay in the back of your mind. You trusted that this would work out, for both you and Corbyn. Your relationship and Corbyn's career. Something more important had been stuck in the back of your throat, though, longing to be free and proud.
You pulled away from Corbyn, frowning to yourself slightly as you swallowed hard, wiping the dry tears from your cheeks.
"What's wrong, my love?" He questioned, using his finger to pull your chin up. The fear in your pupils must have been noticed, because Corbyn had given you the same expression. When you got scared, he got scared.
"What is it, Y/N??" The pounding of two hearts was the only thing heard in the house. You let out a shaky breath until you spoke up, your voice trembling as well as the rest of your body.
"Corbyn.. you're going to be a father."
Corbyn's face fell for a moment, his eyes wide and his lips parted. You let out a hiccup, wrapping your arms around your torso, where Corbyn's had once settled. You looked away in the process, not wanting to see the disappointment and disgust in Corbyn's face. That seemed far from his reaction though, as he stood up. You looked up, a little too worried. He picked you up, spinning you as you let out a surprised squeal.
"Put me down, Corbyn!" You grasped onto his shoulders, but he hadn't seemed to hear you. His larger hands were holding onto your waist, spinning you around in the air. Excitement and joy was radiating off of the male, and it took you a while to realize that Corbyn wasn't upset with you. He was happy- happy to be starting this new journey in life with you.
He set you down onto the ground, taking no time to pull you back into a breathless embrace, crushing you between his chest and arms. It didn't seem to bother you if you couldn't breathe. Corbyn was cheerful. So you were, too.