"What you talking 'bout dawg?" Duck's slightly irritated voice spoke. "That ain't even nothin' to play about, Eli. That girl ain't get proposed to."

"Fuck am I gonna lie or play for, nigga? Look, since you swear you know everything."

Rell opened his mouth to yell at everyone in the kitchen to come into the living room, but Mir had already gotten up and walked towards them. He entered the kitchen, and all eyes turned on him, their faces showing that they weren't really surprised he'd heard them.

He looked over at Zion and the concerned look on his face only elevated his irritation. He knew his brother wouldn't play like that, regardless of how often he teases him about Mari. "Fuck y'all over here talking 'bout? Lemme' see."

"Hm." Eli snatched his phone out of Duck's hand and slid it across the counter to Mir.

maliksavior 1h

Samiron stared at the picture, his grip on the phone tightening as a wave of emotions washed over him

Samiron stared at the picture, his grip on the phone tightening as a wave of emotions washed over him. He felt the hurt and confusion in his chest, but his anger overpowered all of that. The boys all stared at him gaging some type of reaction. But he just stood there, staring down at Eli's phone with his lip curled and his eyebrows knitted together.

"It's probably a promise ring." Soovy broke the silence in the kitchen as he peered over Mir's shoulder, looking at the screen.

Duck shot him a look of idiocy as Rell walked into the kitchen. "She never, and I mean never, wore no promise ring on her left ring finger. Be serious, G."

"How the fuck I'm 'posed to know which finger it go on? My momma ain't never got married." Soovy frowned at him. Duck waved him off, directing his attention back at Mir who still hadn't said a word or made any type of movement.

"Y'all reading too much into this," Zion shook his head as he leaned against the counter behind him, "I never even heard Mari or Savior tell each other they love one another. Y'all sittin' up here wondering if he proposed to her? Really? Y'all muthafuckas slower than I thought."

"Nah, they definitely have said I Love You before." Eli dismissed him. Mir's eyes finally shifted from the phone to Eli, who held a serious expression on his face.

"But Zion right," Duck co-signed, "They been together for almost two years. Mari ain't getting engaged to no one that quick."

"What you mean that quick? My parents got married, not engaged, but married before they even made a year." Rell added his input.

"That's different." Soovy shook his head, having known the background of Rell's parents.

Rell's grandparents on his mom's side were very religious and didn't approve of their daughter's relationship because Rell's dad is Muslim and their family is Christain.