5:40pm

"She ain't say that dawg, stop lying." Eli could be heard laughing from Duck's kitchen where everyone expect Mir and Rell were, them opting to lounge in the living room instead.

"On god she did. Look, she said, "I'm not arguing with no nigga that died and came back to life," like how the fuck you gon' say some ignorant ass shit like that?" Soovy ranted, sounding like he was reading texts.

"That's crazy. Imagine coming back from being on the run for five years and your babymomma on bs." Duck spoke, shaking his head.

"On God I would've stayed dead for all this shit." Soovy muttered as all the boys in the kitchen died laughing.

Samiron sucked his teeth, trying to drown out their loud laughing as he scrolled through his IG feed. Zion, Soovy, Eli, and Duck had all smoked before he and Rell had came over here from the club. So they were being extra loud and Samiron wasn't in the mood for it.

He had a bad headache and the Advil he took wasn't doing anything to subdue it. The only reason he came to Duck's house instead of going to his own is because of the shorter distance from the club.

Clicking the power button on his phone, Mir rested it face-down on his lap. His feet were slightly spread apart as he closed his eyes and rested his head on the back of the couch.

"You look like you wanna die." Rell blurted, glancing up from his phone at Samiron.

"Shit, if it gets rid of this headache I'll gladly die right now." He muttered with his eyes still closed. "Ain't no pain meds working. And I don't even feel tired, my head just throbbing."

"Better go pop a perc' or some."

Mir sucked his teeth, opening one of his eyes to stare at Rell distastefully. "Stupid ass."

"I'm just saying." He threw his hand up as he chuckled, keeping his attention down on his phone where he was texting his mother back.

"You're always "just saying." The world would be a better place if niggas stopped just saying."

"Shut up and take yo ass to sleep, G."

Samiron muttered Bitch as he adjusted himself on the couch, crossing his arms over his chest, and trying to get comfortable. He really wasn't tired, but resting his eyes was his last option for healing this headache before he started popping Percs' for real.

Silence fell over the living room while the sound of talking and people moving about the kitchen still lingered in the distance. "Y'all seen dude IG?" Eli's distinct voice spoke.

"Who?"

"Savior." He replied. Rell looked up, seeing Mir still laying comfortably on the couch, not paying attention to their conversation. He was though, because he wanted to be nosy.

"Nah. What happened?"

"He-" Eli blew out a breath and made a weird noise before speaking. "Did Mari tell y'all he proposed to her?"

Rell's eyes rounded and his mouth dropped open, hearing words of confusion and shock coming from the  other boys in the kitchen. He looked over at Mir to see him sitting up on the couch, and turned around, narrowing his eyes in the direction of the kitchen even though the boys couldn't see him.