𝟸𝟹

ch 𝟸𝟹:One Step Forward, Two Steps Back____

ch 𝟸𝟹:
One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
____

2:10pm
TWO WEEKS LATER
𝖽𝗋. 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗍𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗋'𝗌 𝗈𝖿𝖿𝗂𝖼𝖾

"Men nowadays usually have more trouble admitting they need mental help and that's due to the stigma behind it. You coming here today is a step in the right direction, I need you to know that." Jocelyn set her clipboard on her lap, crossing her legs. She stared at the man across from her waiting for a response.

Samiron nodded as he rubbed his chin. He's been sort of out of it this entire session. But he gave Jocelyn a glimpse of his mind and his past, primarily the years he spent being abused by the penitentiary.

"Yeah.. I guess." He mumbled, not entirely sure how to respond.

Jocelyn nodded at his response. Any answer was a step in the right direction in her eyes. It was clear to her that Samiron just needed time to warm up to not only her, but the idea of therapy in general.

Based on what little details he'd given her, Jocelyn could tell that sitting down with someone and really telling them everything — down to his thoughts, feelings, and stressorswas a new concept for him.

Sure he'd done it with Mari when they were together, but that seemed like so long ago. Mari had clicked the reset button on their entire relationship since then so he didn't know if she'd even be open to just sitting down and listening to him rant anymore.

"Well, if you don't have anything else you want to say, I think we're done for today." Jocelyn clasped her hands on top of her clipboard and gave him a light-hearted smile. "I'm glad you're making an effort, that's all that matters."

"Thank you, ma'am." Mir stood up, clearing his throat. "I don't know how you and Aijah are related. You sure you gave birth to her?"

Jocelyn broke out of her professionalism and couldn't help but laugh at his comment. "Yes, I'm sure. She's a handful ain't it?"

"More than a handful — that girl is not okay. But she be looking out for a nig- I mean me as much as she can so I'll always appreciate her for that." Samiron spoke genuinely.

"Well, I'm glad." Jocelyn chuckled before standing up and pushing her glasses to the top of her head. "You can schedule our next meeting at the front desk. It was very nice to meet you, Mr. Davis."

"You too, Dr. W." Samiron nodded at the lady and shook her hand before making his way out of the office.

He walked down the white-tiled hallway and continued past the front desk when he saw the amount of people waiting in line. He'd just schedule his next meeting over the phone — if he wanted to.