Chapter XIII

"Another One Bites the Dust"

The Game

Queen

Ever since last night's incident, Rosie's been put on high alert and severe monetization. Nothing strict, just a bit of overprotection. I just worry for her sometimes. The sky was a light baby blue as the sunrise infiltrated the bedroom. The birds were singing and it was a pretty relaxing Thursday. So relaxing in fact, that I really couldn't think straight, I honestly couldn't. Charlotte was at work and Rosie was in her room. And me? I was just sitting, staring, out towards those woods. I never really took a big glimpse at the world before, because I was so caught up with sticking to what I was used to; but it all felt special. It was Christmas time. Well, around that time for that matter. It's gotten pretty cold so I really couldn't get the chance to go outside and take a breath of fresh air. I completely forgot about the holidays too. Even though I hear holiday hits from the radio. I just can't believe how it all snuck up on me and purposefully served me a fresh can of whoop-ass on a silver platter. I still was having Rosie's scenario dancing on loop in my head and I really couldn't do anything. There was nothing to do. I didn't want to keep feeding the massive bonfire.

 The classes were doing well. Practicing constant holiday carols and tunes. They actually managed to do their first winter recital - right behind the chorus kids of course – but I really was proud to see them grow. Even some of the people who didn't know how to play. They got a chance to. They went up, performed and shone. Soon after they were flooded with uproars of applause and praise. Half the credit should go to Mr. Greene, the musical director and good friend of mine. I take a seat in my bedroom and ponder "I wonder what life would be like if things were different, were...better." I sit up and ponder. That's just what life is, a great big ponder into the future of our mind. Moreover, it's a goal of ours to fulfill life's greatest memories but we got to face the music; it's not what it's choked out to be. Since it was the holiday season, I had to go out shopping. Charlotte had already planned to deal with the home stuff, like the décor and everything else to get us in our "festive spirits". I on the other hand volunteered to run out and get groceries, gifts and plan accommodations for any family that was intended to pay a visit. But, it can get crazy so planning accordingly is like running blind. I got up from my seat, got dressed and planned to step out, take that long awaited breather.      

I looked outside, put on my favorite cap, and headed toward the backyard, I opened the gate and