Preparations

Harry, in fact, did not know what mission he would be going on today. 

Harry had slipped out of Draco's room late last night, his hair ruffled and his face red, feeling both pleased with himself and nervous. What if Riddle found out about them? The man had refused to discuss what happened between them weeks ago and had carried on like nothing happened, but Harry still thought about it sometimes. What if Riddle got jealous and killed Draco? 

Harry definitely did not want that to happen. 

Still, there was some part of him that sung with smugness anytime he saw Riddle staring at him, heat in his dark eyes. Riddle wanted him, and Harry didn't quite know how to feel about that yet. He was well aware that Voldemort was in his sixties, but Tom Riddle on the other hand... He was sixteen, only a year older than Harry himself. Harry knew that it was still strange and he had Draco to worry about as well. 

God this was stressful.

Harry arrived at the breakfast table and stopped in shock. Draco and his parents were sitting down, eating quietly. In his weeks of staying in the manor, Harry had never seen anyone other than Riddle sitting at the table. 

He caught Draco's eye as he sat across from him, making the blond boy blush and look down to his toast. Harry smirked and grabbed a piece of his own. As he was spreading jam onto it, he heard Draco inhale sharply. Harry looked up and rolled his eyes. 

Riddle strode into the dining room, his black dress shirt fitting smugly over his shoulders, the sleeves rolled up over his elbows. He sat down, his eyes raking over the people at the table, stopping and glaring at Draco before resting on Harry. Harry flashed him a smile and the Dark Lord looked away quickly. 

"Morning everyone," Harry said through a mouthful of toast, "Weather's looking nice." 

He was met with unamused stares and silence. 

"Draco, how was your night?" Harry asked, cheek creeping into his voice. 

Draco flushed red, "It was fine thank you Potter." 

"Good," Harry crooned, revelling in Draco's flustering. 

He flicked his eyes to Riddle to see him looking between Harry and Draco, his eyes narrowing. 

"So My Lord," Harry said slowly, making Riddle look straight at him, "You still haven't told me what my mission is."

Riddle sighed and threaded his fingers together on the table, "Have you heard of the department of mysteries Harry?" 

Harry shook his head. 

"It resides in the ministry of magic and in it," Riddle continued, "is a prophesy."

Harry frowned. He didn't realise those were real. The only thing that sprung to mind when he hear the word prophesy was Professor Trelawny and her teacups. 

"In one week's time some trusted death eaters and I will be stealing this prophesy." 

At this, Riddle glanced at Lucius, who nodded swiftly. 

"What does this have to do with me?" Harry asked, still confused. 

Riddle smirked, "Your mission is to go to Dumbledore-" 

"What?!" Harry exclaimed, "You want me to walk straight into his hands? He knows I killed Umbridge and Hermione! I'll be in Azkaban before I say anything to him!" 

Riddle glared at Harry, "If you're quite finished."

Harry pursed his lips and crossed his arms.