Inanimate Insanity Ballpoint Pen x Reader || excellent

Start from the beginning

You just watched, standing next to your boss, taking a few glances at his loading bar before looking back at the critic.

Mr. Pen then put a soft smile on his face, raising one of his eyebrows. "Sometimes the answer to both is yes,"

Your face smile slowly turned into a genuine one at just the sight of his smile.

Wait, what the fuck-

Your smile faded as you realized what you were thinking.

Shut the fuck up, brain, this is supposed to be a professional thing!

Mephone4 just smiled. "Nice! Well, I was abou-" He was then quickly cut off by the critic.

"AND SOMETIMES THE ANSWER TO BOTH IS NOOOO!!!" He put his finger in you and your boss' face disapprovingly.

You jumped at the sudden act, putting the clipboard in front of your face almost defensively.

"But... with your new season, you were finally in the ballpark," The critic smirked, putting his hands behind his back once more.

"Simple... fun.."

You smiled. "I'm glad you like it-"

"That is," He cut you off. "Until the medical evacuation. The broken laws. The... unhealthy portions.."

He clicked his pen. "Yet another season plagued by disastrous accidents," He clicked his tongue as he wrote on his notepad.

You just exhaled through your nose.

You knew it was going to be a LONGGG day...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The critic wrote down something on his notepad as he shook his head, or-...face..

Mephone4 looked down at his feet, saddened by Mr. Pen's disapproving look.

"What I have seen today was... preposterous!" He stated, making Mephone4 gasp.

You just stood there, a frown as he continued to give the bad review of the show, and you held the clipboard close to your chest.

"An absolute hellacious show this is," He added, clicking his pen closed.

"You will not be getting your Groscer award anytime soon," He finally told your boss, fixing his glasses as he spoke.

Mephone4 sighed, looking down at his feet, a big frown planted onto his blue screen.

Mr. Pen then put his hands behind his back and turned to you. "I wish to be driven away from this redundant island,"

You just nodded, handing your clipboard to Mephone4. He grabbed it and watched as you then walked away with the critic.

You steered the ship, looking at the map of the area as you did so.

The critic sat behind you, looking back at his notes, one leg crossed over the other.

You softly exhaled through your nose, feeling a little like a piece of garbage from the review the show had gotten.

Sure, it wasn't your fault, but it's still a show you work on. You worked EXTREMELY HARD on Inanimate Insanity Invitational.

You still felt bad for your boss, especially since he was waiting for Mr. Pen's approval the entire time, only to get a big fat "fuck you" and watch him leave.

"Excuse me," Mr. Pen's voice quickly broke your train of thought.

You stood straight, getting rid of the hump in your back that you had, and hummed in confusion.

"I never had gotten your name," He spoke.

You just thought for a moment. Yeah, yeah.. He doesn't even know who you are. I mean, you are new the show, after all.

"It's.. its (Y/n)," You answered.

You swear, you could hear this man's smile from behind you.

"Ah, what a lovely name," He spoke.

Your face grew a light shade of red as he spoke. His voice was enough to do that on its own, but for him to compliment you? Holy shit.

"Um, thank you-" You put on a small smile.

Mr. Pen then continued to speak. "Although I did not enjoy Mephone's show, I did enjoy watching you try to help him,"

Your eyes widened, remembering how you constantly tried to help Mephone4 seem like a better host than he actually was.

"And from the other episodes I have seen you on, you weren't seeming very cheerful,"

"Haha.. yeah, I don't get paid much.." You said.

Mr. Pen raised his eyebrow at your statement before grabbing his bag and beginning to dig through it.

You heard him, and turned to look at him for a split second, before looking back at the water.

"Excuse me," You heard him say, also hearing as he slowly stood from his seat.

He then walked up from behind you, and showed you a small indigo & bright yellow card.

You slowly took it and looked down at it, also trying to keep your eyes on the water at the same time, to make sure you're actually going into the same direction.

The card read a phone number, along with an address. You raised your eyebrows and looked over to Mr. Pen.

"I believe you would make an excellent assistant for me,"