23- Fever

"Tony I don't want a welcome home party," you say as you follow him around the compound. "Too late, dear. It's already in movement," he says as he pulls his phone out to make a call.

You whine and walk back to your room. Bucky's sitting on your bed, typing something on his phone. "Hey doll," he says as he glances up at you.

"Bucky," you whine as you flop face first on your bed.

"What's wrong?" He asks as he tilts your head up.

"Tony's throwing us a welcome home party," you say.

"No he's not," Bucky chuckles, but when you don't stop pouting, his face falls. "No he's not," he says in a more scared tone.

You sit up and crawl onto his lap. He holds you close to him as you continue to whine. "I don't want one," you say.

"Neither do I. Maybe we can find a way out of it," Bucky says.

You gasp with an idea. "I could say I'm pregnant," you say.

"Or, we can say anything possible, but that," Bucky says and you slouch. "That's probably a better idea," you say.

Bucky chuckles as he kisses your cheek. "We could stay back and make a baby," he says and you roll your eyes.

"Someone will come looking for us no doubt," you say and Bucky sighs. He rubs your thigh softly and you get an idea. "I've got it. We'll go to the party for a little bit, then I'll feel sick and ask you to help me back to my room," you say.

"I'm down," Bucky says and you smile as you lean in to kiss him, but he pulls back. "One small problem," he says.

"What?"

"A good majority don't know we're together. Like, oh I don't know, Tony," Bucky says and you pout.

"If Tony doesn't know we're together by now than he is pretty stupid," you say.

"Y/n, Tony loves you like a daughter. He doesn't love me like a son, or at all really. I'm not the kind of man he wants you to be dating," Bucky says.

"Well, I'm not dating for Tony's expectations. If I was than I would still be with that awful man he set me up with months ago," you say and frown as you recall the memory.

"Oh yea. He was not pleasant to be around," Bucky says and you shake your head.

"Anyways, I should probably start getting ready," you say as you try to get off his lap, but he holds you tighter. "Just a little longer," he says as he nuzzles his head against your chest.

The party was a success to Tony and a disaster to you and Bucky. You couldn't even be around Bucky that much because Tony was glued to your side all night.

He spent the last hour introducing you to men that you would dismiss, or insult. No matter how many times you tried to tell Tony you weren't interested, he wouldn't budge.

"Y/n, this is my good friend Kris. I'll leave the two of you to chat," Tony says before walking away.

"Tony," you say in disbelief as you watch him walk away. Turning your attention to the blonde in front of you, you fake a smile.

"Hi," he says. You nod as you take a long sip of your drink.

"I spent all of last summer fishing," he says and you cringe. "That's what you choose to do?" You ask.

"I'm fascinated by fishing. It's probably my greatest pleasure," he says.

"Right of course. I'm sorry for not finding such a boring thing... well not boring," you say.

"Anyways, would you like to maybe dance?" Kris asks.

"No I'm alright," you say.

He nods and continues to talk about something that doesn't interest you. Looking across the room, you spot Bucky. The two of you lock eyes before his gaze goes to Kris. His gaze falls back upon you and you motion him over.

You watch as he struts across the room before he approaches you and Kris. He stands next to you and locks eyes with Kris. "Hi, I'm Kris," he says as he sticks his hand out.

"I'm a germaphobe," Bucky says before grabbing your drink and taking a sip from it.

You fan yourself with your hand. "Is anyone else hot?" You ask.

"No I'm fine," Bucky says.

"I feel hot and I have a headache," you say. Bucky presses the back of his right hand to your forehead. "You have a fever," he says. "Here I'll help you to your room," he says.

"Wait, how do you know she has a fever. You're not a doctor. Let me feel," Kris says as he reaches his hand out to touch you.

Bucky grabs his wrist before his hand can make contact with your skin. "Touch her, and I break your hand," Bucky says before dropping his hand.

"C'mon doll," he says as he wraps his arm around your waist and leads you out of the room.

"That was so fucking hot," you whisper to Bucky and he smirks at you.