10-Screwdriver

The masquerade ball is tonight so you've been busy as hell. First, Tony sent you a few dresses, but none of them fit cause he didn't have your size. He sent ones to small and ones to big. Not one that's your size.

So, he just shipped one in your size over. Since he's Tony Stark, it'll be here before the ball tonight.

"You okay?" Bucky asks as he knock on the bathroom door. "You've been staring at yourself in the mirror for almost thirty minutes, y/n,"

"Theres a pimple on my face," you say. Bucky walks in front of you and see the pimple on your hairline. "Your hair covers it," he says. You push him out of the way as you look at the pimple again.

"It hurts," you whine. Bucky softly rubs your back as you poke at your pimple. "It'll be okay. Maybe your mask with cover it," he says.

"What if it doesn't?"

"I promise, no one will be looking at your pimple," he says before walking away.

You look at the pimple and whine again.

The dress arrived and you got dressed and added some touches to your makeup. Bucky knocks on the bathroom door. "You ready, doll?" He asks.

"Yea give me a sec," you say. You smooth your dress as you look at yourself in the mirror.

You can choose your favorite :)

You touch up your hair and shake off the nerves you don't know why you have. You're normally confident and don't care what others think. Why are you acting like this all of a sudden?

Slowly, you open the door and walk out. You grab your mask off of the nightstand and look at it.

You can choose your favorite :)

Bucky walks up to you and smiles. "You look absolutely breathtaking," he says. You look at him. "Really?" You ask.

"Really," he says as he takes your mask and puts it on you. He carefully ties it, being mindful of your hair. "Your turn," you say as you take his mask from him and he lets you tie it on.

Turning back around to face you, he smiles. "Shall we go?" He asks. You nod and follow him to the door.

It seemed like everything between you two was perfect. But nothing lasts forever.

"Could you walk any slower?" You ask sarcastically. Bucky rolls his eyes. "Shut up we're almost there," he says.

"You're a stale grilled cheese," you mumble and Bucky looks at you with raised eyebrows. "And you're expired tomato soup, guess two bad things go together well," he says as he bends his elbow and you loop your arm in it.

"I'm trying so hard to see from your perspective, but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass," you say as you walk in the ballroom. "I'm sure I could get my head up your ass," Bucky says as he leads you in the room.

"Shut the fuck up or I'll pour cement in your ears," you threaten.

"Sometimes I think you're a cactus, cause you're a fucking prick," Bucky says with a fake smile as he kisses your cheek.

"How about we play a game? I throw this stick and you chase it," you say as you pick up a wooden stick used for decoration.

Bucky turns to look at you. "Screwdriver," he says.

"What?" You ask extremely confused. He leans in and kisses your earlobe, hands grasping your waist. You can't help the giggle that escapes your lips as you grabs his forearms.

"Excuse me," a couple says and you lightly push Bucky off. "Hello," Bucky greets them.

"My wife was wondering if she could dance with you?" He asks Bucky.

"Oh, I'm sorry, but my wife and I were just about to go dance," Bucky says as he takes your hand in his.

"I could dance with her," the man says. Bucky forces a smile. "It was nice to meet you," he says with a curt nod as he leads you away from the couple and on the dance floor.

"That man seemed lovely. Maybe I'll find him later and ask him to dance," you say. Bucky grips your waist firmly as his other hand intertwines with yours. "Why are you gripping me so forcefully," you say.

"Sorry," he mumbles as he loosens his grip. You widen your eyes before they shrink back down to their normal size. "Jesus, who shit in your Cheerios?" You ask.

"Just shut the hell up," he says as he looks at you sternly. "Stop glaring at me. We're supposed to look like we're in love," you say.

Bucky's jaw tightens as he pulls you closer to him. "I don't like that dude back there. He seemed suspicious," he says. You eye him. "Suspicious, how?"

"Tell me that his wife wants to dance with me. Then saying he'd dance with you. He's trying to split us up," Bucky says.

"Or, maybe he's just being nice," you say. Bucky chuckles. His face twists with confusion when he looks over your shoulder. Confusion that get replaced with fear. "Hey, what's wrong?" You ask.

He wraps his arm around your waist and pulls you against his body. "Bucky," you say. You follow his gaze and see what he's staring at.

"Rumlow?"