Chapter 1: Two Lines and Ice Cream Cones

Start from the beginning

"No problem, man." Then, Badgerclops' eye narrowed. "By the way, you vomited all over me when I came to get you, and you kept going on, into detail, about how you made her scream and c-"

"BADGERCLOPS!" Mao Mao screeched, burying his face into his hands as his face burned. "I'm sorry, okay? I-I was drunk, I shouldn't have been drinking in the first place… I'm sorry, man, okay?"

"Eh, whatever, dude," Badgerclops said, shrugging, a odd smile on his face. "It's fine. Get dressed, and get some rest. You had a hell of a night."

Mao Mao nodded, and then he put the rest of his clothes back on, and then he crawled back on the couch, ready to fall back asleep.

But then, Badgerclops suddenly slammed a drawer shut, the loud noise making Mao Mao groan in pain, due to his headache.

"Aw man, I'm so sorry, dude!" Badgerclops cried, but Mao Mao knew, from the tone in his voice, that he, very much, wasn't sorry. Another crash. "Shit, curse my clumsiness!"

Mao Mao groaned, grabbing the blanket again and throwing it over his head.

This is what he got for drinking.

"...Oh, yeah, and the king wants new bedsheets."

Mao Mao blinked. Then, he grabbed one of the couch cushions and screamed into it.

☆☆☆☆

Eight Weeks:

Tanya wasn't stupid.

It had been about two months since the gala. She didn't remember much about what had happened that night, but she could remember snippets, which definitely made her feel warm in the cheeks (and rather proud) since she had gotten to spend the night with her Mittens.

But, ever since then, she had… started to notice some things.

For one, she began feeling a little nauseous, especially if she ate certain foods or detected certain smells, and, quite frankly, her breasts (which were often hidden by one of her illusions to avoid perverts from looking at her) were starting to feel more tender than usual. Plus, she had been peeing more often and had been getting more tired easily, not to mention the back pain and abdominal pain she'd experience every now and again.

All the signs were there. She prayed to every god and cosmic deity that she knew the name of that she could be wrong, but she had to be certain. So, she headed to the nearest drug store, and then grabbed the one thing that a woman in her profession rightfully dreaded ever picking up: a pregnancy test.

Tayna stared at the little box, feeling her heart rate picking up a bit. If she got the answer she knew that she'd most likely receive, then everything would change. She'd have to quit her job as a bounty hunter, and face the one person she was too afraid to be emotionally vulnerable with ever again. 

But, even then, there was a good chance that the test would end up being a false positive. She would have to go to a doctor for a proper diagnosis, and even then, she felt like she shouldn't get too attached just yet. A miscarriage could still happen, after all. 

Tanya sighed heavily as she took the box, and then went to the checkout.

Behind the cash register, was a porcupine woman wearing the standard cashier uniform. She looked up and smiled as Tanya walked over and set the box down. She grabbed it, looked at it for a second, and then dragged it across the kiosk.