"Clearly she's still gasping for you."

The old Sirius would've taken this as a challenge. The old Sirius would have snuck Mary away into another room and fucked her. But this Sirius laughed stiffly, turning his attention back to the blonde he'd have moaning his name later.

She was writing in her notebook, her hair falling across her face. His heart skipped a beat as she pushed her hair out of the way, allowing him to look at her face. He watched her hand scrawl across the pages, her eyebrows furrowing in concentration. He blinked, unable to pull his eyes away from her.

It was this moment, he realised he was falling in love.

And nothing frightened him more.

End of flashback

Sirius was brought back to reality at the sight of Snape circling the girls like a lion eyeing up its prey. As suspected he stood across from Kate, raising his eyebrows nastily at her.

"How do you parents feel about their daughter getting knocked up at 18?" Snape laughed callously, "Oh that's right. They're dead. I bet they're turning in their fucking graves because they have a slut for a daughter."

Lily glared at Snape, "Sev don't be such a-"

"Shut up you disgusting little Mudblood." He spat, spit landing in front of Lilys feet.

James stood up shoving Severus backwards repeatedly, each shove getting more and more violent. Sirius groaned getting to his feet with Remus and Pete. Sirius and Remus pulled James back, Remus holding his arms as he tried to dart forward. Pete stood back anxiously, watching the fight unfold.

Snape started laughing and shaking his head, "I can't work out if you're trying to protect Lily because I called her a mudblood or if you're protecting the dirty whore because you're the father of that bastard baby."

Sirius raised his fist and swung for Severus, landing the perfect punch. It sent Severus staggering backwards into some bookcases that held several ingredients. Unable to contain his anger, Sirius went to punch him again- James and Remus pulling him back this time instead.

"I am only ten minutes late!" Their Professor cries as he enters the classroom, "Detention. All of five of you."

"I didn't even do anything!" Pete protested in annoyance.

The detention took place straight after potions class as it was the last lesson of the day. The boys didn't utter a single word to eachother as they repeatedly wrote 'I won't fight with my peers.' on parchment. Snape kept glancing at the Marauders, smirking viciously especially at James and Sirius.

Severus was first to finish his lines, handing his parchment to the Professor and walking between where James and Sirius sat.

"Which one of you got Kate pregnant then? Perfect saint Potter or the disowned Black heir?" He whispered as he approached them, he leaned into Sirius, "My bet is on you. I wonder what your Mother would say about that?"

Sirius clenched his fist as Snape walked away laughing, his fist tightened around the quill causing it to snap in half. James glanced at his best friend, once again worried about what could possibly be affecting him so much.

James had only ever seen Sirius properly loose his temper once, but he could tell it was bubbling and soon Sirius was going to absolutely flip his shit. He leant over handing Sirius another quill, but Sirius ignored him, stood up and stormed out of the detention instead.

"Mr Black!" The teacher called hopelessly as his little legs ran after him, "Mr Black! Get back here right now or so help me you'll be in detention for a month!"

"What's going on with him?" Pete asked turning to face James and Remus.

"I don't know but we need to find out." James nods towards Remus, "Can you-?"

"Al'ready onit, Prongs." Remus says placing his lines on the Professors desk.

It didn't take long for Remus to find Reggie and Mulciber, lingering around the courtyard together. Probably looking for some unsuspecting first year to hex.

Regulus looked exactly like his brother, just slightly shorter and more hollow face. Remus would never dare tell anyone else but he felt a soft spot for Reg. He often wondered what life was like for him in the house of Black, now that his older brother- his protector was gone.

"Oi! Oi!" Mulciber sang, "Reg it's your boyfriend!"

Reg rolled his eyes and met Remus half way, Mulciber knowing to stay back, "What do you want?"

"Your parents? 'Av they got in contact wiv Pads at all?"

"No." Reg snorts rolling his sleeves up, "He has been disowned. They don't want anything to do with him whatsoever."

"You absolutely certain?"

"Absolutely.Anything else?"

"You any idea why he's so miserable at the moment?"

Reg starts to laugh coldly, "It is Sirius, he is always fucking miserable. Get him to fuck a girl;been told thats what he likes to do to release his anger. Maybe it'll put him out of his misery as well."

********

"Regulus was no help." Remus informed James and Pete once he arrived to the common room, "His parents definitely 'aven't reached out to him so that's sumfink I s'pose."

"I'm baffled." James admits, "I wish he would just speak to us."

"We know he won't do that until it's too late." Pete mumbles.

"When's the next full moon?"

"End of t'month." Remus replies with a shrug.

He preferred to ignore the wolf issue until nearer the time. As long as he knew which dates the full moon landed on, he was fine and everyone at Hogwarts was safe. In the meantime, he wanted to focus on his studies and find out what was bothering Sirius so badly.