Per usual, Klaus ended up taking a drink from his glass once the couple did the exact opposite of what he thought they were going to do.

He was half expecting to hear Elliot's playful, mocking tone about how he got it wrong and then place another bet with him.

But she wasn't here.

And he had no one to blame but himself for that.

Hours passed by as Klaus continued to drink away the bar, glaring at the woman behind the bar when she attempted to cut him off. He knew his limits and he didn't need anyone else telling him what they were or what to do.

As if on cue, his sister barged into the place before walking over towards him.

"You can't just sit here and wallow all night," Rebekah grabbed the bottle of bourbon away from him, causing him to roll his eyes and grumble in protest.

He then grabbed the bottle back from her.

Rebekah took it away again just as fast.

"I'm serious, Nik!" She exclaimed, "You two had a fight, she left. I know you're upset about it, but you aren't the only one who lost her, so get over it."

Klaus scoffed, "You seem indifferent to the matter of her leaving," A mocking thoughtful look crossed his face, "and yet, you claim to her to be your best friend."

Any sympathy that Rebekah had towards her older brother faded. Instead, it was replaced with a frown and a steely look in her eyes. "You have—"

Her words were cut off by a very pissed off voice.

"What the hell did you do to her?"

Rebekah and Klaus both turned to see Elliot's brother, Bucky.

~~~~~

Elliot stood leaning up against the alleyway. Her eyes were scanning over the sidewalks, watching the people that passed by with a calculating stare.

They then zeroed in on the perfect person.

He was taller than her, not that such a task was difficult to achieve. He looked to be roughly nineteen, maybe pushing twenty. He had dark black hair, dark eyes, and he wore a green jacket over a gray crew-neck.

There was no one else around. He was the only one walking down the street, meaning there would be no one there to witness the scene or to help him.

Right as he walked past the alleyway, Elliot shot her hand out, grabbing onto him, and pulling him into the place with her. She pressed him up against the wall as soon as she sensed a passerby.

"Woah! Woah! Woah!" He exclaimed. A panicked expression grew on his face. "This whole situation is really hot, but you're not my type!"

Elliot loosened her hold on him as she watched him in amusement.

"Wait—are you going to kidnap me or murder me or—"

"None of the above," Elliot interrupted him. She then grabbed onto his shoulders, making sure his eyes were directed to her. "What's your name, doll?"

"Uhm-uh," He stuttered over his words. "J–Josh. My name is Josh."