Chapter 14- New idea

I knew it wouldn't be safe if I stayed here for long, Val could easily find me here so today would probably be my last day here at the apartment. I then turn on the tv to the news, it was talking about the princess of hell Charlie's new project, obviously I was interested tho not knowing the lady. I sat on my couch and grabbed my phone as soon as I heard Angel's name on the news, when the people laughed at her I felt bad for her, I was then not very happy at Anthony for embarrassing poor Charlie, for one I believe in Charlie and I hope she succeeds in her project. I text Angel not long later after the report ended 'Why'd you embarrassed the princess like that? Also um do you possibly know a place I could stay to hide from Val and maybe preferably somewhere with low rent cost' I type fast and he responds 'Damn ya typed that fast, chill I was just doin' a favor for my friend and ya might be able ta stay here at tha hotel' I then smile 'Alright, I'll be there sometime in the mornin' ' and then I head to bed.

--------------

I get up hastily and pack my stuff the next morning, I woke up from my alarm so it was a work day Val would notice I was gone so he would probably ask Vel where I lived. Just before I leave I turn to my fake form so no one would recognize me then put on a hoodie and sweatpants to cover myself up as well, I threw the hood up and run out the apartment building with a suitcase full of my stuff. I get to the hotel fairly quickly despite it being quite far from the apartment building I used to live in, I took a deep breath and knock on the door lightly not wavering from my fake form. Charlie answered the door not long later and smiles at me, I was just about the same height as her in this form, the heels just made me look taller "Hello there ma'am! What brings you to the hotel" she asked curiously "As you said on the news I would wish to be rehabilitated which all of those people disrespected you by laughing in my opinion, just because your project hasn't worked yet doesn't mean it won't" I say with a happy smile to the princess then I see Angel come over "Heya Aleana, Char this is the friend I talked 'bout bringin' here" she smiles more "Well ms Aleana you'll fit right in here" "If I have to pay for a room, I don't really have any money so that may prove to be difficult" I told her in a slight sad tone "Oh no worries you can live here rent free, come on in!" She says as she moves out of the door way, opening it more and I nod "Thank you" I happily walk in to this sort of rundown hotel, I decide I was gonna keep the fake form while I'm here. Temporarily of course since I don't need people if they do know which few people do on my back about being the 'Demon of Time' the title was annoying and the fact I wasn't an overlord made it not make sense, at least in my opinion. I set my singular suitcase by the couch and walk around, the 'Radio Demon' then appears in front of me tho I did not act scared as everyone else would or did. "Good Morning Mr. Radio Demon sir" I say in a relatively calm voice, the amount of power he had I could sense without a handshake or any contact since there was so much, that told me he was an overlord well I already knew the overlord part but thought I'd say it cause why not.

"Hello there my dear, you must be new, I have not seen you before" then again I wasn't on the streets often enough, something seemed oddly familiar about this demon and not because I have heard of what he's done down here but because of something else I think "Yes I am fairly new to this hotel, I have been in hell for a long time tho if you implied that, might I ask what your name is sir?" I ask curiously to the taller demon "The name's Alastor my dear." So he has the same name as someone I knew back when I was alive, odd but eh. "Alright good to know" I then walk around more of the lobby, spotting the bar and the person running it. A cat demon with wings?? Very odd but he also seemed familiar in a way, I walk to the bar "May I ask your name sir?" I couldn't sense much power coming from him so he wasn't an overlord "Fuck off" he said not taking his eyes of a bottle of booze "Hmm alright" I then walk away from the bar. Another taller demon than me with an X on one of her eyes comes up to me "I'm gonna assume you want to check in" she seemed slightly annoyed, maybe she thought I would act like Angel or worse cause of my stripper like appearance "Well yes, the sooner the better, is there a book shelf in one of them? I have a lot of books I like to read that I brought" tho that wouldn't make sense to the normal demon since I only have one suitcase but to a demon whom knew me they would know how that would be possible "How tho you only have one suitcase??" she asked slightly confused and thought it was a bit suspicious "I'll tell you when the time comes, anyways may I ask your name ma'am or sir, whatever your pronouns are" I say with a kind smile. I say that so I don't misgender anyone "Vaggie and you are" "Aleana Ms Vaggie" then she walks to the receptionist desk, writes my name down on the check in sheet and hands me a key "Your rooms 206, it's on the left side of the hall just up the stairs" "Thank you!" I walk up to my room happily.

I then look around the spacious room I could now call my own as I shut the door behind me and lock it, turning back into my actual form temporarily. I go to the closet and begin to put my clothes up, I couldn't decorate my room completely yet cause I'm hiding my real look and I'm hiding the fact I'm related to Angel so we'll see how that goes. I could lie the entire time I will be here but that doesn't seem to be entertaining for the future so I have decided to go just tomorrow with the fake form, while I am asleep I will release my real form and show them, see how they react to it. After putting up my clothes, I unlock my door and change back to the fake form, sighing a bit as I walked downstairs to the kitchen which had the bar directly in it, I look out of the corner at the winged cat demon. He takes a drink of a booze bottle, huh he must really like alcohol. I would ask him again what his name was but he already seemed annoyed with life so I just knew he wouldn't tell me anything. But I wanted something to drink and nothing in the fridge caught my eye so I walk over to the bar again "Could I have something with strawberries infused in it if you have any" "Finally someone wants to get a drink other than me" he then grabs a bottle of wine that had a light pinkish-reddish color to it "Want it in a shot" "Yes sir" I say as he then grabs a shot glass "Why the fuck did you just call me sir" he says as he then looks at me for the first time "Well you didn't tell me your name earlier so that's how I'm being respectful to you" I softly smile after I finish saying that. He just pushes the shot glass over to me "There's your shot lady, I might as well tell you since you probably won't leave me alone until I do but the name's Husker" he says as he pops off the top of a new booze bottle using only a finger. Wait.. that's the same way Husk did it.. are they the same person? God I feel really stupid right now, Thing is still not letting me look thru time and this is the time I really want to!