Chapter 2

The drive to Meredith's had been pleasant. Amelia again informed her of everything, something she did weekly. However, Addison didn't mind at all. Listening to her sister while actually being with her was nice and she had missed that very much. Amelia stopped the car in front of the place she supposed was the famous Grey house and felt her heart beating uncontrollably against her chest.

"Here we are!" Amelia smiled brightly next to her.

"It's pretty."

"It's home. Come on."

They made their way up the steps and Amelia unlocked the door cheerfully saying hello to the kids running inside. Addison felt her hands shake as she walked in but the kids' and Meredith's smiles made a great job of calming her down.

"Hi." Addison smiled at the two kids in front of her. A beautiful dark skinned girl and a blonde blue eyed boy both smiling up at her happily.

"Hey. So this is Zola and Bailey. And the youngest is Ellis, she's upstairs in a mood. She gets it from me."

Addison couldn't help the tears prickling in her eyes after Meredith introduced the kids. Derek was a bastard but she could see him in Bailey's eyes and the way Zola was smirking up at her was definitely Derek's signature side smirk. She swallowed hard and smiled at the two introducing herself with her nickname.

Both kids grabbed her hands and led her to the table, which was littered with multicolored plates, each holding a different topping. The kids excitedly helped her make her own ice cream dish and in turn so did she, helping them make their own. She felt Meredith's gaze on them and looked up, finding the blonde smiling at them. She returned the smile and went back to the kids' conversation along with Amelia who had also sat at the table.

The kids were amazing. Zola seemed so smart and witty while Bailey reminded her of her own troublemaker back in LA. She wondered how Henry and Bailey would get along. After ice cream they had migrated to the living room. Bailey was talking Amelia and her about a school project while Zola sat next to her playing with her hair.

"I think you'll do great, bud." Amelia said when the boy was done explaining his assignment.

"I'll be awesome."

"I'm sure you will be, Bailey." Addison chuckled along with Amelia and Meredith.

"Wonder if Ellis will come meet you."

"Maybe she's tired."

"No. I think Charlie was annoying her again about her mark."

"Again?" Zola rolled her eyes. "Mom, that kid is too mean. But don't worry, I'll take care of it."

"I think I should take care of it." Meredith lifted a brow.

"I won't be mean mom."

"I know you won't be but I'd like to take care of it."

"I'm gonna go get her. She'll like Addie." Bailey announced and ran up the stairs.

"Sounds good." Meredith chuckled.

"Meredith, if she's not feeling well it's ok." Addison said quickly.

"It'll be fine. Bailey teases her like nobody else but he and Zozo can work miracles when I can't."

"Archer and I were and are like that so I get it."

"Who's Archer?" Zola asked.

"Her brother. Guess what? He had worms inside his brain." Amelia said.

"Worms? Oh umm."

"I know, gross. But your dad got them out so it's all good." Addison chuckled.

"Ok. That's good."