Chapter 9- Nothing

En başından başla

He put his hands on my waist, causing me to shiver. Leaning closer, he parted his lips to speak as his silky voice sounded out, "You aren't going home so soon darling."

I put my hands on his chest, trying to create distance between us because he surely wasn't taught anything about personal space. "I didn't say I was."

Before he could reply back to me, Max had already pulled him away, even going as far as to stand between us when he noticed my discomfort. 

"What has happened to you, Max? You were never like this." Zack scolwed at the black haired boy standing protectively in front of me.

"You are doing exactly to Jennifer what you don't want to happen to Celine. That leaves no difference between you and them."

"Don't talk about her, Max."Damien threatened with his cold, deep voice.

His expression was now turned intimidating, daring Max to talk any further.

"I will because this is all about her. It's not Jennifer's fault that they took her!" Max yelled in exasperation.

"I swear Max.. If you talk about Celine again, I will do something to you that I will most likely regret later." Damien's green eyes glared murderously at Max which succeeded in making him falter. There was something about Damien that made all the other guys not want to fight him. When he talked, all the other boys backed out and so did Max.

The ringing of my phone cut through the tense atmosphere, giving all of us a small sense of relief.

Zack sighed and picked up, putting it on speaker for all of us to hear.

"Hello?"

"What is this video? Where is Jennifer? What have you done to her?" Dad demanded immediately.

"I told you that I wasn't joking. We have kidnapped your daughter and if you want her alive, pay us 10 million dollars." The brown haired boy said monotonously. 

"It was 5 million last time?!" Dad snapped.

"So? It's 10 now." Zack shrugged nonchalantly.

"10 million dollars for that girl? Are you crazy? We don't have that much money!" Mom added in.

"If you want her alive-"

"No."

"What?" Zack was taken aback, eyes narrowing at the device.

"We don't want her. We actually wanted to get rid of her. Good thing you did that for us." Mom said in a snarky tone, making my eyes go wide.

WHAT IN THE MOTHER FISHING FISH?! She wasn't serious, was she?

"Wh-what?" Zack stuttered out in surprise.

"What what? We aren't paying a penny for her. She isn't even our daughter in the first place. She is adopted. You may tell this to her before killing her."

"Are you serious right now?!" Zack yelled, tightening his hold on my cell phone as if wanting to crush it to shreds.

"Rose, let me handle it." Dad said to mom.

"What is there to handle in it? You are not paying 10 million dollars for her." The woman argued back.

"We can't just let her die!" Dad retorted.

"Why not? No one here knows we have a daughter. It's not a problem. She was just a burden anyway." Mom said in the most uninterested tone.

"Yeah, but still-"

"Matthew. I said no. Don't call us again, Okay?"

Zack aggressively hung up and threw the phone on the couch, running a hand through his hair as he mumbled some colourful curses.

Everyone now stared from the thrown phone on the couch to me, making me feel even worse than I was already feeling.

I was adopted.

That explains why I don't look anything like my parents... Parents, can I even call them that now?

They were the people who took care of me ever since I was a small girl. And now they don't even care if I am dead or alive? They wanted to get rid of me? I was a burden so why did they adopt me?

They weren't on a business trip, they had settled down there, wherever they were.

My mind was still in a stupor of shock, having a delayed reaction to the indifferent words spoken recently. I looked down as I thought over my mother's words, trying my hardest not to cry in front of my kidnappers.

Ignoring their judging stares, I let my feet carry me towards the basement of this house. I didn't look up once to see their reactions as I continued on my tour to locking myself up in the basement.

Only when I was sure that I was out of the spotlight did I let myself be drowned in the desolate thoughts of self pity.

I just felt so unwanted in this world all of a sudden.

I had no where to call home now. No one to call mom and dad.

I had nothing.