Chapter 9- Nothing

Start from the beginning

He really cares for me a whole lot than he should.

There were so many things running through my mind that I didn't even know which thought to focus on most.

It was my first day of being kidnapped and already so much had happened.

*****

I woke up the next day with the sunlight blinding me as it fell on my face. Sitting up straight on my bed, I tried to untangle the knots in my hair before throwing the covers off of myself.

I stood up to take a look at my reflection in the mirror and almost screamed out in horror. I looked like total shit with a purple eye and bruised cheek. My face looked like a horrible canvas painting with shades of red and purple blending with my skin colour.

I was still staring at my horrible reflection when I heard yelling from outside, instantly recognising the voices of Max and Zack.

I opened the door of the room to venture outside to see what the commotion was about.

Zack was grabbing Max's collar as he had him pinned to the wall. In his eyes was an unspoken fury, which was enough to drown anyone in its doom. 

"What's going on?"

Oh how I wish I hadn't said that.

Can't I just disappear in air. Like melt down and evaporate in vapours? Or just simply disappear. Can't the ground swallow me? Can't aliens come and pick me up in their space ship because the look Zack gave me had me shivering.

He let go of Max and started walking towards me instead. As a reflex, I started walking backwards until my back met the wall.

Way to get yourself trapped, Jennifer.

Zack smirked at me, looking satisfied with the beautiful piece of art he had turned my face into. How can someone look like an angel and act like the devil? It's actually amusing to be honest.

"We sent the video to your parents." He casually stated.

"...What did they say?" I hesitantly asked, eyeing him warily.

"Haven't seen it yet. Busy people, I see." He scoffed.

"They don't see my texts for days..."

"So I'll just call them again."

"You want your ears to bleed again?"

Zack barked out a laugh, "Aren't you scared of me?" The previous rage in his eyes was washed away and overtaken by amusement as he let his eyes roam over at me.

"I have already seen your worst. The more bad you can cause me is death..." I felt so dramatic saying that. Almost like a main character of a silly story.

"You are weird, very weird. But you're kinda entertaining too." 

"Is that supposed to be a compliment?"

"Perhaps." 

I would've actually fallen for his handsome looks if he wasn't such an arrogant monster. The way his lips tilt up to form that devilish smirk and that evil mischief in his light brown eyes is something which could have been endearing if his personality wasn't shitty.

As I was still busy grazing over his pleasant features, I failed to notice when he had come so close to me that now he was pressed up against me, trapping me between the wall and himself.

"Get away from her!" Max warned from behind us, hands clenching into tight fists while he glared holes into Zack's head.

"Relax, will you?" Zack calmly replied, eyes still staring intensely into mine.