"What? Why? When? How?" He yelled back.

"Just come and help me find her, you idiot! Run straight from below your window."

"Below my window? Did she-"

"Yes! Yes! She jumped off from your ducking window!"

"Ducking?"

"Fucking, you f head!"

"I am coming right away!"

I hung up and continued screaming for Jennifer. She must have at least sprained her ankle or something... She can't run fast.. Can she?

Oh god.. What should I do?!

Max's POV:

Shit, she jumped off from my window! And ran into the forest! What if she got lost? I mean, I have been lost in that tree crap place many times before despite knowing the area.

What if some wild animal ate her up? What if she drowned herself in that river? What if an eagle picked her up and took off with her?

Okay, that can't be. But what if some poisonous snake or insect bit her?

I needed to find her and soon!

Immediately as I reached home, I stood below my window and stared at the direction in front of me. Then without second thoughts, I ran like a crazy fool.

"Jennifer? Liam?!" I yelled for both of them.

I ran and ran as if I was in a marathon. I ran as if I was being chased by that 6 legged brocolli monster I used to have nightmares about when I was little.

Or when that rude Ms. Greens was chasing after me with a slipper because I had called her Ms. Muddy pants because one time she slipped in the mud and her pants were covered in brown mud. That incident was so hilarious when all the kids were laughing at her though I felt bad for her... A little.

Focus, Max! Focus!

I spotted Liam standing with his back against a tree, as he panted heavily, trying to catch his breath.

Sprinting towards him, I yelled his name to catch his attention and just as I was about to stop, my feet got tangled in each other and I landed on him, taking us both down on the ground. Poor Liam groaned and cursed at me.

Getting up, I quickly offered my hand to him to pull him up from the ground.

"Did you find her?" I asked as he stabilised himself.

"Are you crazy? Do you see her anywhere near me?" He snapped with a scowl.

"So why are you wasting your time then?" I asked, offended that he called me crazy.

"God, I need to breathe! I am not a machine who can run nonstop."

"Are you sure that she went in this direction?"

"No but I think this is where she went."

"You think?!"

"Aaaahhhhhhh"

Hearing the loud and terrified scream, it was confirmed to us that it was definitely Jennifer.

Without wasting another second, I ran after the voice with Liam following closely behind me.

I smiled in relief when I saw Jennifer, but my relief quickly turned into mortification as I froze on my spot.

There was a big spider on her forehead on which her teary eyes were fixated and a caterpillar on her right arm. She stood there like a shaking statue. Her whole body was shaking and her eyes were wide open to the size of saucers.