Chapter 4

Elena

I woke up to the sun, piercing through the windows, making me shut my eyes tight instantly as the rays blinded my vision for few moments. As I got up and sat on my bed, I groaned inwardly. My head throbbed lightly from all the crying last night. I remembered what happened yesterday, and immedately felt like slapping myself for feeling so vulnerable. This was for the first time that I felt something within me.

I still couldn't fathom how he can make me feel like that, like there was still humanity somewhere alive in this world and that I shouldn't loose hope on it. Even though we didn't talk much, his eyes said it all. No boy could ever make me feel like this. And that was it to it. I promised myself that it was the first and the last time, that I felt this way. I thought I had mastered the feeling of shutting everyone else from me and guarding myself so that I don't feel anything, but guess I was wrong.

I got up groggily and checked the watch on my night stand. It showed 10 am. What am I supposed to do today? Its sunday. I decided to call Celeste and see if we could meet at her house. I had to tell her everything about yesterday and empty my heavy chest out. She was the only one I could rely on at this time. I would have counted on Evan too but with what happened yesterday, it would have been a little awkward.

I walked in the bathroom, stripped out from my clothes and entered the shower. The hot water from the shower hit my body, relaxing my tensed muscles and washed away all the thoughts that had clouded my mind.

After a few minutes of cleansing and doing the daily routine, I wrapped a towel around me, and walked in the room. Picking up my cell, I dialed Cel's number.

"It better be a good reason that you waking me up so early on a day like sunday! Also, my head is throbbing from hangover" she sulked into the phone.

"Its 10, sleepyhead. You better get your lazy ass out of the bed because I am coming there after having breakfast. And who asked you drink alcohol till you dropped? And how did you get home?" I said, amused. Thank God, I didn't drink much last night.

The main reason, I wanted to leave the house was because I didn't want to be anywhere near Jay. God! I just want him out of my house already! I felt rude but hell to do with it.

"Woah! Let me have my beauty sleep, you crazy woman. I don't want you here. Shoooo and Goodbye! P.S. Mr.Evan Willows dropped me to my house" she said, yawning into the phone.

"My dear sweetheart, I didn't ask you whether I can come or not. I am coming anyways so you better be awake else you know how I am at waking people up!" I smirked. There was no reply from the other side, just a light snoring sound indicating Cel had dosed off to sleep. Damn you Cel! I am coming so be ready for a little fun. I smirked at myself and hung up the call.

I went to my closet, pulling out a navy.blue cloured tunic top with leggings. I kept my hair natural and pinned the locks to the side. Spread a nude lip gloss over my lips and a mascara. I put on the chain, mim had given me for my birthday and matching earrings.

I went downstairs and the smell of bacon, scrambled eggs and french toast filled my nostrils. As I entered the room, I went and sat on the counter, watching my mom who was humming a tune of some song, oblivious to my presence in the kitchen.

"Good morning,mom" I chirped, taking a bite of the french toast. I moaned at the delicious taste of it. She made the best french toast.

"Good morning, sweety" my mom chirped back, smiling widely, unlike her usual self. I ignored that and asked the question I wanted to since yesterday, when we were at the airport. "Mom, who are those aliens in our house whom we got yesterday from the airport? How do you know them?"