Chapter 2 - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Ah... welcome to Fix'n'Stitch, if you need fixin', stitchin', or both, yer at the right place." with a sudden tone shift, Zyma turned around to the trio to greet them cheerfully.

The woman jumped from her stool once she saw Lilith and D standing at the storefront.

"Haven't seen your faces before, the name's Zyma, mechanic, looking for somethin'?"

A quick introduction she gave as she took off the spider-eye like glasses covering her face. Now that she was standing up, her posture looked very different compared to when she was hunched down fixing the stove.

White greased bandana tying up her hair with equally greased white tank top dressing her torso, warped around her waist was a large toolbelt with various tools strapped to its pockets, holding up thick pants that conceal the shape of her long legs.

As she took off the grey glove and put the hammer away, she then stretched her free hand forward for a handshake. In reply, Lilith shook her hand and introduced themselves.

"Pleasure to meet you Zyma, my name is Lilith and this is D, but we are not here for repair, we are looking for Doctor Hurst"

"For pops? What's the occasion?" Zyma asked out of curiosity.

"One of us, Vibey, is injured and Marlie sent us here"

Zyma switched her glance to D, to which she realised that Vibey was sitting unconscious in his arms.

"Oh goodness, I will get pops, please come in.

Pops, one injured coming through your way"

With a loud voice, she shouted to the door at the corner of the workshop. After a short while, a voice shouted back

"Send them in." a raspy voice replied from behind the door.

"Alright y'all, good thing yer here, pops the best Doctor in this part, even if he is retired. I hope your friend there gets better." Hearing her father, Zyma then turned to Lilith and showed them the way in.

"Thank you Zyma, much appreciated" Lilith replied with gratitude.

Inside, a middle-aged man was waiting for them, dorning a pristine white coat barring a few stains here and there. His footing was slightly unstable, supported by a sleek black cane to which his right hand was resting on.

"Good evening, please follow me to the exam room and no, not retired, semi-retired." The man greeted them, corrected his introduction, and immediately directed them to a bright room.

A small room with no windows, a few rectangular holes affixed with grates top of the walls, probably as ventilation. Not much furniture inside but a clean cot, table and chair, and a couple large shelves.

"Please, lay the injured here" he instructed them.

Carefully, D let Vibey down on the cot. Right after, the doctor held a wand up with his other hand and started channelling mana.

At the same time, he asked a few questions,

"Apologies for not introducing myself yet, my name is Nocta Hurst, you can simply refer me as Doctor Hurst, nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too doctor, my name is Lilith and this is D, the one you are examining right now is Vibey, we are adventurers" answered Lilith.

"Well met adventurers, what happened?"

"To be honest doctor, no idea, aside from the bruises and wounds from battles, we have no clue what made her unconscious. I think she might have been struck by an emotional attack of sorts."

"Psyche imbalance?" the doctor replied with a quiet gasp and interest in his eyes.

"Perhaps, her mana was unstable, that's all I know unfortunately"