05.Delusional

I'm awake

I'm awake. Everything was too bright. It took me a few minutes until my vision was restored. I see...

Mom, and Dad.

My mom looked shocked. "Doctor,
[REDACTED] awake. Doctors rush into my ward. I still don't have any idea what's going on.

I almost forgot, I have to see Kaguya. I want to make sure she's alright.

Doctors leave my ward, leaving me, Mom and Dad. We had small talk together.

"Did you know, all along your coma, you were talking. You mentioned Kaguya Shinomiya a lot of times. Which is weird."

I gotta get up. I need to find her.

"Mom can I use your phone?"

"Sure." She hands me her phone.

I do still remember her number, luckily.
I dial her number, hoping she picks up.

"Hello, is this Shinomiya Kaguya?"

"Yes it's me, who are you?"

"I'm Y/N L/N, hehe...?" I chuckled a bit.

"You have the wrong number."

She hangs up the phone.

...

I said goodbye to my parents as they left the room.

It was just a dream. It was all a delusion. They were real, but it didn't last.

I'm delusional. Haha.

I

A

M

D

E

L

U

S

I

O

N

A

L

.

It seems like that was all just a dream. A dream of how I wish my life could be. A dream about the life I wish I could have.

I've been sick my whole life. From what, exactly? I don't know it myself.

The only people I'm friends with is my parents and Kaguya.

My parents told me at first, Kaguya used to visit me everyday when I got into a coma, but she lost hope for me after one year of me being in a coma.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. This is for you." Dad hands me the letter.

I read, If you're reading this Y/N, (which I hope so) I want you to know I love you. Eventhough its been a year since I last talked with you, you showed me how to love someone. I'm very thankful for that. Please don't cry, I'm glad to have spent time with you, and I'm glad that you're still alive. I cherish every moment we had. Thanks to you, I found someone I could love. I'm grateful for everything you've done for me. I'm sure fate will make us meet each other someday.

- Kaguya

...

I miss my lover, man.

I'm happy she found someone to love.
Haha.

I am delusional.

I am too late.

I am haunted by my delusions.

Who would want a person like me?

I want to get better. I want to see her, hold her and tell her I'm sorry for taking so long.

A doctor enters my room. "Y/N, you will be discharged on friday. You'll still be on observation, is that fine with you?"

Finally...my dream came true.

"ACHOO!" Sorry I sneezed.

What is this feeling...There's a sharp pain on my back.

I yelled, alerting the nearby staff. What is this pain?

H

E

L

P

M

E

.

I clenched my chest, hoping that the pain won't stop.

It didn't stop. That's the last time I saw the world. Bloody petals spewed on the floor and bed, leaving a stain of blood on the bed sheets.

I saw my phone ringing. It looks like it's Kaguya. I stretched my arm over to the phone, but I coughed more blood. I clenched my chest, my vision fading.

I wish I could see her face one more time.