Chapter 5: Can't Go Home

| Current Time //2034// |

Musutafu, Japan
Apartment Complex

(Y/n)'s POV

It's finally the second month of my stay and I'll be able to go back home. I already scheduled that I'll leave within this weekend. Denki asked if I could stay for a bit so I could see his results— he had already finished taking the entrance exam— but I had to decline that I needed to be home.

Of course, I am eager to go back home, after what happened in the supermarket. I don't feel like it would be the last time I see him. More importantly, there is a possibility that I could end up meeting the others.

As for today, Denki has no training this week. But he'll still be jogging, stretching, exercise and not eating burgers. I found out that Denki has been snacking a lot of burgers and it would ruin his training regimens. I only limit him to having 1 burger every Sunday.

I was in my bedroom on my bed working on something on my table. A blueprints of my motorcycle was present on the screen. I put some notes on what else needed to be modified or added. I only worked on it because my brain was racking with the gears, full of ideas.

My brain kinda does that more frequently for oddly reasons, I can't quite get it to stop, either it's from the head injury I had 11 years ago or the hyperactive mind is lacking brain exercise.

The head injury damaged my brain and I've become a forgetful person. Temporary Amnesia of some sort but it got worse. The doctors' mention is because of my unhealthy coping mechanism with my PTSD. This is my Aunt's greatest concern because it did affect my health after all. And one of the reasons why my Aunt, Uncle and cousin keeps in check on me.

I sigh in frustration that I forgot what formula I was using. Even with a hyperactive mind, I lack muscle memory. I rubbed my temples to try to help out getting back the short memory I had but it just didn't. I eventually gave it up by throwing my arms in the air and groaning in defeat.

But then again, I want to try because I am that stubborn. Before continuing, my phone rang. I sigh again and curse life for not ever giving me any break. I picked my phone and answered the call, not even bothering to see who but then again my only contacts are auntie, uncle, cousin, Aki-san, Denki and that big oaf.

"Yeah?"

"Good afternoon, dear!"

"To you as well, Auntie..."

"How are you holding up?"

"Fine. No panic attacks or whatsoever."

"Good. So um..." Auntie sounded nervous? Now I am worried. "What is it, Auntie?" I asked and waited patiently for her to respond.

"Someone came looking for you at your house..." I furrowed my brows at what she said.

How was it possible? I know for sure that my aunt, uncle, cousin and Aki who only knew that agreed not tell anyone—whatever it takes— about my current house. But then life hates me very much.

"Who was it?"

"I'm not sure if you remember but It's Naoto-kun."

I frown at the name mentioned. Yes, I don't remember the name but it is familiar to me. I feel like this person is important for me to remember, unfortunately I couldn't. Then realised that Auntie used 'kun' instead of 'san'. Whoever this person is named Naoto, Auntie was fond of him.

"Who's Naoto?" I slowly asked my Aunt if her assumption was correct. I heard her sigh on the line.

"Do you remember Hina-chan?"

I deepen my frown. Hina-chan? Who are these people? Auntie is using 'chan', she is fond of this person's name Hina too. I don't really remember these people but hearing their names, it's familiar. My brain can't progress finding my forgotten memories of the person who I knew of.

In the supermarket where he bumped into me, I remembered him despite the fact that we had never seen each other before the incident. How is it different from them? I easily remembered him but not them?

"No... I– I can't remember..." My voice stuttered and cracked from the stinging headache I had from trying to remember. I grit my teeth and hissed from the pain, as I clutch my head with my hand to stop the headache.

"Oh Go– (y/n)?! Does your head hurt?" Aunt tried not to panic but her voice says otherwise.

I stopped trying to remember and not overthink it through and then the headache stopped as well. I closed my eyes and sighs in relief.

"Yes but now, it's not. Don't worry, I'm fine." I reassured her only for her to sighed on the line.

"Please, don't strain yourself or you'll faint. Why don't you extend your stay over there and I'll try to convince Naoto-kun to not go back to your house. Is that okay?" Aunt's suggestion was the only good option there is.

I sigh again. I told my Aunt I agreed to her suggestion and I would tell Denki later about my extended stay. We exchanged a few words— mostly my Aunt's concerns and reminders— and ended the call.

I put the phone aside as I looked up from the ceiling. I keep telling myself not to overthink repeatedly and it works. However, my mind went blank. Not sure what to do next.

"Damn it, what was I doing earlier again?"

_______________________________________________________________________________
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. The Mc's conditions is what I came up through tons of research. I literally made a powerpoint to make sure that her condition is right or maybe make sense. From previous chapter, I've done research some symtoms of panic attacks (And input my own experience with panic attacks.) and tried to go further researching like the root of the cause, connections to disorders, etc. I hope that really make sense. This is after all a fiction so please don't take it literally and use it as your own background story to tell people. And please don't diagnose yourself similar to Mc's conditions. Only a professional doctor can diagnose a person's condition. Again. This is a fiction. Just to make sure.