Prologue

TW: There will be mention of degrading, abuse, and toxicity. There will be profanities as well.

Again please, leave if you are not up to this kind of story.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................

SLAP!

THUD!

"Quirkless? Unbelievable!"

"How are you quirkless? We have the perfect quirks!"

SLAP!

"Bu-"

"No buts! You are already deemed useless to us!"

"How are you going to be a famed pro hero when you're quirkless?!"

"Those training lessons were wasted!"

A little girl cowers in the corner of her room crying and begging for them to stop hitting her.

"Stop crying! You annoying brat!"

SLAP!

"Please... someone..."

.....................................................................................................................................................................................

The morning sun began to rise, as a new day starts today. A young woman lay on the bed already wide awake when her nightmares woke her up in a hypnic jerk and breathing heavily.

After trying to calm herself down, she covers her face with her hand and groans tiredly. She slowly sat up from her lying position and stayed in her sitting position for a minute before getting up and doing her morning routine.

| Current Time //2034// |

Chiba, Japan
(Y/N)'s Prairie House

She has recently finished her morning routine. Then her phone rings on the table beside her bed. She grabs her phone and answers the call without looking at the ID contact , she already knows who's calling her. She hums in response.

"(Y/n)! Dear, good morning!" A soft feminine voice said in a joyous tone on the phone line.

"Good morning to you too, Auntie." (Y/n) responding back with a tired voice, as she walked out of her bedroom.

"You kno—" (Y/n) immediately cuts her Aunt off knowing what she's going to say next.

"No, Auntie. You already know that I wo—" and (y/n) got cut off by her Aunt. "I know. But we can't let you get cooped up in your house. It's not healthy for you. Your skin is too pale! You need sunlight!" Her Aunt says worriedly on the line.

"I get it. You guys are concerned and thank you. But you already know that I am fine, so there is no point for any of you to worry." She reassured her Aunt but she sure knows that it would not convince her Aunt.

(Y/n) heard her Aunt sighing on the line. "Can you do something for us then?" Her Aunt asked in a hopeful voice. Now was (Y/n)'s turn to sigh, "That would depend on the favor, auntie." She could already tell her Aunt was smiling when she responded.

"Would it be alright, if you train your nephew?" Her Aunt asked slowly, praying that she would accept.

(Y/n) stops for a minute, as the question was sudden and new for our protagonist. It ponders on her mind with curiosity and interest but she has this feeling that she couldn't even describe. The curiosity got to her like a bait and her Auntie couldn't be more prouder. You can probably imagine her Auntie is thanking the God above.

"Why?" (Y/n) asked, not sure why the sudden favor to train her cousin.

"Your nephew is trying out for the UA entrance exam in the next 2 months." (Y/n)'s brow raised after hearing 'UA entrance exam'.

That's when it clicked in her mind, her nephew wanted to be a hero ever since he was a kid. She remembers the child keeps pestering her that he will become an awesome hero, especially dreaming about saving a princess or something. She also remembers that her close friend was training some child around her nephew's age.

"I thought it would be good for both of you. You get to socialize for your own sake and your nephew gets to train from an experienced person..." her Aunt explained nervously.

(Y/n) sighs in defeat because she has to do something for her Aunt and this would be it and at the same time, it's just her nephew. She won't worry about facing anyone, just training her nephew only, hopefully.

"Fine. Send me his apartment address. I'll go pack my things. 2 months only and that's that." When her Aunt heard that her precious niece agreed, she was overjoyed like any other Aunt would who likes to spoil their favourite niece.

"Don't forget to write things down on your notes, dear!"

After a few exchanges of words the call ended. She also receives a message from her cousin- her nephew's mother- about the plans she and her Aunt talk about earlier.

"Let's just hope it won't be much of a problem..."

"Yeah like life would give me a break."