Chapter 02 (Edited)

Start from the beginning

If it's like an RPG then I have to defeat enemies to make me stronger, level up, or something like that.

I'll keep hunting mice all night, to see if I get anything.

.

Even if I catch three more mice, I can't level up, but I got the ability to hide in shadows.

Name: Ebony

Race: Nekomata - Extinct race

Skills:

▪︎ Hide in the shadows

And I realized that if I concentrate I can know details about my state.

Nekomata: Magical creature with the ability to take human form if born as a cat or take cat form if born with a human form at approximately the age of seven or eight years. In human form still has the ears and tail of a cat. Nekomati grows twice as fast as humans but once adults they stop growing. Their color varies according to their attribute, they cannot learn magical abilities that are not of their attribute.

Color black: Attribute shadows and death.

Hiding in shadows: Whenever you are under a shadow or in the darkness of the night it will be difficult to be seen.

I guess all my abilities will have to do with shadows or death, I think I have an idea of how you get shadow abilities, but Death? Maybe you have to kill a lot of mice or something.

.

A year, a whole year hunting, walking the streets at night, almost eaten by a dog and an epic battle with a giant rat where I almost lost a leg. I got only one skill.

Night Hunter: Speed and reflexes. Increased overnight.

Putting aside the abilities I have realized that as time passes I become stronger, stronger than a normal cat, and I can jump much stronger than other cats. But I still couldn't stand up to a dog.

One problem that has been happening to me recently is hormones, so I try to stay away from other cats, especially female cats.

Lately, I feel the great need to mark my territory, but I still keep my impulses under control.

.

Hermione turns ten today and celebrates it with her parents and her only friend, me.

Although Hermione learned to deal with her schoolmates, she still could not find someone to call a friend.

Lately, instead of treating me like a pet, she treats me like a friend.

We go out for a walk to the park, and the pool, eat ice cream and even call me friend.

I don't know if I'm happy about how we get along so well or sad about her that her best friend is a cat.

I did not learn any new skills and there are less than two years to go to Hogwarts, that if she takes me, otherwise I will have to find a way to go, I could even hide in her luggage or follow her on her journey.

The night before I faced the dog that almost eats me and I win, but I don't think I can beat him by day.

Of course, I didn't kill the dog or leave it seriously injured, there were only scratches on the face and a bitten ear.

By the way, the dog was huge.

.

The letter arrives!

Hermione's twelfth birthday is two months away and the long-awaited letter finally arrives.

Hermione's parents are not sure if this is true, but the letter says that a professor will come over the weekend to explain about magic and curriculum.

The family looks at me strangely as I run and jump around.

.

Today came a woman in witch costume, I wonder who she is.

We are all gathered in the room while they serve some tea.

"Then I will introduce myself again, my name is Minerva McGonagall and I would like to tell you about Hogwarts School of Magic and Sorcery," Said the witch.

What?

It can't be, she's too young. Well, she's not young, but she looks under thirty.

According to what one should be over 50 years old.

This is a problem, this means that it's probably not completely the same as books and movies.

Or maybe all the wizards look younger, I should check later how different this world is compared to the movies, I didn't finish the books.

To prove the existence of magic she would perform a demonstration. First, she levitated the table and then she turned into a cat. A beautiful cat.

"Mrow, mrowoww"

Shit, hormones. Without realizing it, I began to mew.

Everyone in the room is now looking at me, after a while she goes back to normal and explains that she is an animagus.

During the conversation, Hermione asks if she can take me to Hogwarts to which McGonagall replies that it is possible to take a cat as a pet, but she has to make sure that he does not attack other pets.

And before she left she said she would go with her to buy her school supplies next month and that she can go with her family.

.

Tomorrow is the day we travel to hogwarts and everything is ready:

Trunk, ready.

Wand, done.

Books, done.

Ink and pens, done.

Cat cage, ready.

No no no I don't want to go in a cage, I never lived in a cage before, Hermione always carries me in her arms or I walk beside her. But apparently, to take me to the train station I need to be in a cage.

Hopefully, I'll be released once inside the train, I don't want to spend the whole trip locked up or I'll be put with her luggage.

I don't think I'll go hunting or running tonight, I want to be well rested for tomorrow, and besides, it's been more than two years since I got one skill and I still didn't get another.

Getting skills is much harder than I thought. But I am still quite strong physically, I wonder how strong I am, as I have no proper way to prove it.

As I think about this I fall asleep.

ZZZ.