Cedric took a deep breath in before quickly saying, like word vomit, "I'm in love with you..."

"...what?" Elle quietly said.

"I'm really sorry, uhm, if thats weird for you to hear but I needed you to uh, hear it. Probably not good timing, I know that, but it's just-" Cedric began to ramble.

"What are you doing Cedric...? What do you expect me to say to that..." Elle whispered out as he shook his head, knowing he messed up, "I just needed you to know... in case..."

"Oh...I, um, I cant... you have no idea-" Elle began to ramble, as she thought they were finally over this.

"Don't do that." Cedric cut her off, knowing what she was going to say next.

"-what your friendship means to me." She finished her sentence

"Come on, I don't want to do that, we can't do that, this, again. I want to be more than that and I can't, I can't keep being your friend, just your friend." Cedric muttered out, not being able to look her in the eye.

Elle felt her heart plummet as she looked at the boy in front of her, thinking they were right back where they started as she had to once again, tell Cedric she didnt have feelings for him, at least not like that.

"I'm sorry Cedric, I'm with Fred." Elle shook her head as he nodded with a bittersweet smile on his face, "I know, but I needed to tell you in case anything happens to me out there. I love you, and I have never loved someone as much as I did you. Even if I don't make it out of the maze, I need you to know that, okay? I know Fred makes you happy, but I needed you to know how I felt because you are the best person I've ever met, and I mean it."

"Don't say that," Elle's voice broke as she said it, reaching over to grab Cedric's hands as a single tear escaped her eye, "Even though I don't have feelings for you like that, I still love you. You are one of my best friends and I couldn't imagine losing you."

"And you won't," Cedric smiled through his glum, bad feeling that was deeply rooted in him before reaching up and wiping her tear away, "And I know thats how you feel about me, you're one of my best friends too Ellie."

"You will do great out there. Please promise you will come back to us?... to me?" Elle pleaded as a few more stray tears fell onto her cheeks as he nodded, looking at her with such love that anyone else that would have seen it would have known that Elle was Cedric's great love story, even if he wasn't hers.

"I promise."

Elle gave Cedric one last big hug before taking a step back, "Goodluck Cedric, I love you."

"Love you too Ellie, I'll look for you in the stands, and when I win, I expect you to be cheering the loudest."

"I will." Elle said before walking out of his room, quickly stopping in at Harry's room as he was getting a big hug from Hermione as Ron paced nervously, "Goodluck Harry, you'll do great." Elle encouraged as he let go of Hermione, giving Elle a nervous smile and nod.

"Thats what we've been telling him." Hermione smiled sadly at her friend before Dumbeldores voice yelled out, "Attention champions, please say your goodbyes to friends and families and have them go take their seats as the third task is about to start."

Elle waited for Hermione and Ron to exit the tent as she wrapped an arm around each of their shoulders, "Where are you guys sitting?"

"Up by Neville and Dean." Ron pointed up at the other fourth years.

"Have fun and try not to worry too much, okay? Harry will be fine. I'll see you guys later." Elle told the younger kids before walking back up to where her friends were sitting, seeing that Lee and Gigi had now joined them.