Chapter 17: The Demon King's End

It has been a while since Y/N had slew Akaza. He was running through the Infinity Castle, trying to find the next demon to meet his blade. As he did, a crow flew by with a tag from Yushiro.

“MUZAN HAS BEEN REVIVED!! ALL SLAYERS MUST GATHER!!!” the crow told him.

“Damn it! No!” Y/N said before dashing forward. He had no idea where to go really but kept going and smashing through walls, trying to find Muzan and help in the fight in any way possible.

Pushing his eyesight, he was able to see the auras of people around. As he did, he saw three auras. Two he recognized. Tanjiro’s and Muzan’s. “There they are!” Y/N thought. He had an idea, but it was risky but one of his best shots.

He lined it up and waited for the perfect shot. He finally had it and suddenly, a wall opened leading straight to Muzan. This confused him slightly but he wasn’t going to question it. “Flame Breathing, Ninth Form, Rengoku!” Y/N shouted before launching forward.

He came straight at Muzan and the Demon King looked at him out of the corner of his eye. Y/N saw his aura become extremely bloodlust-ed and he swings his blade arm at him. It nearly reaches him but Giyu comes in and tackles him out of the way.

They both land on the ground and Y/N jumps to his feet. “Thanks,” Y/N told him.

“Don’t mention it,” Giyu told him as Muzan swung once again.

They both jump up and dodge it while Tanjiro backed up and slammed his head against a wall. Muzan sees his opportunity and swings again and aims to kill Tanjiro. “TANJIRO!!!” Y/N and Giyu shout out.

“Knock it off!!” Mitsuri screamed as he burst through the ceiling and attacked from above.

She used the sixth form of Love Breathing: Kitty Paw Love Breeze. She hit but has zero effect on him. Meanwhile, Obanai came in and got Tanjiro out of harm's way. “Kamado, L/N, you’ll be hindrances, get out of here while you can,” the Snake Pillar told them.

Y/N considered it. He may have killed Akaza but he was very tired and his body hurts. While he thought about it, Muzan started to shout out “NAKIME!!!!” demanding to know what she is doing.

Meanwhile, she was being mind controlled by Yushiro. “What is she doing? She is helping me make you pay for your greatest sin!!! You took Tamayo from me, Muzan! I will make you fall to your knees!!” he telepathically told the Demon King.

The castle begins to shift rapidly due to Muzan and Yushiro being in a struggle. Both were fighting for control over Nakime’s mind. As they did that, everyone was jumping around, trying not to be crushed.

Giyu and Obanai jumped in, trying to take Muzan down with their respective breathing styles. He fought them off and then decided that fighting with Yushiro isn’t worth it and kills Nakime but Yushiro managed to keep a connection and was trying to form them outside.

Y/N figured that he had to do something. “First Form, Mad Judgement!” Y/N said before extending his blade and trying to slash at Muzan. With a single swing, he managed to break the red energy and ruin Y/N’s attack. “Damn it!”

But luckily enough, they all burst through the ceiling and are greeted by the night sky. Y/N went flying and landed on the ground hard. He rolls around and started to cough up some blood. “Where am I?” he asked before seeing that they were in a city.

“There is still an hour and a half left!” a crow shouted out. “An hour and a half left until sunrise!”

Y/N stood up and grabbed his sword. It glowed a bright red again once in his hand as he looked around. “That would be short if we weren’t fighting Muzan,” he stated.